The Wedding

Without chapters of the anime it became really hard to gather enough inspiration to write (In addition to binge re-watching Shingeki no Kyojin and getting all the feels again.) Now that Boruto is back the ideas began piling in my head so here's the chapter. Hope you like it, it's going to get nasty soon :p.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘ 

"Boruto?"

The blond turned around and saw Sarada standing by the window. He went mute.

"I thought you were asleep." He managed to say, still standing in the small balcony. Boruto saw how her eyes lowered to the new items in his hands, then looked at him surprised. "I talked with you father."

Sarada had a bittersweet feeling on her mouth. She was glad they talked and judging by the katana and the cloak, it went well. But they kept her out of it. Boruto saw this and got close to her with a sigh. He could read her like an open book.

"I'm sorry." He tucked a strand of her silky black hair behind her ear. "We needed to talk alone, you know sensei-student. He'll stay for a bit so we can go tell your mother tomorrow."

"Ok." She simply said making Boruto frown.

She was still mad. He leaned in and leaving just an inch of space between their mouths, he said. "Forgive me."

With a final sigh he joined their lips and kissed her gently. 

The weeks passed and Sarada insisted on getting married before starting the official training for Hokage, they will have little to no time to be together after. Boruto liked the idea, so they set the date. She was so happy she thought her heart might explode, she was about to marry her best friend. The village was at peace, her father was home after completing the long mission, there wasn't a threat on anyone's life. She was grateful, truly.

"You look so beautiful." Himawari said seriously, tears in her eyes threatening to spill. Sakura nodded in agreement as they helped her fix the dress Sarada just slipped in. It was simple but had some details on lace in the borders along with the veil. Her long dark hair contrasted the pure white of her dress. 

"Thank you." She said trying to avoid tears herself, her make up might get ruined. Hinata entered the room just as the three of them were taking a moment to hold back the tears. 

"Everything's ready." Hinata said with the warmest smile and gentle eyes. She didn't have to say anything, her expression spoke for itself. Sarada nodded to her and followed her to the small room where all the guests sat. Where Boruto waited with his blue eyes— the blue eyes she loved so much— staring back at her with nothing but love.

Everyone wore an irrepressible light smile with their formal attires. The whole ceremony was a blur to Sarada though, she was way too focused on Boruto to care about the rest. Too aware of the cold golden ring wrapping her finger and what it implied, her head was still trying to process the whole thing. She was an Uchiha after all, these things took a toll on her, being so full with love towards someone. 

Boruto leaned down to kiss her when the time came, still in her daze, Sarada closed her eyes and waited for him. His lips landed on hers in a simple peck, but she felt her heart skip a beat. Then applause and some squealing probably from their mothers and Himawari. Her own smile became bigger as her stomach was filled with butterflies and her cheeks burned red. 

Boruto's hand rested on her waist as they turned to the small crowd. They received their congratulations and went to Boruto's house for dinner. The backyard of the Uzumaki residence was beautifully decorated with strings of lights and a long table where everyone could sit.