Chapter Twenty Two

The rest of the field trip was pretty uneventful. Most of the class fell asleep on the way back to school so it was really quiet. "Vi?" Ric whispered, I looked over at him. He held his arms open and I snuggled in close. His embrace was all I needed, it made me feel so much better. He kissed the top of my head before I dosed off.

As I napped, I dreamt of Ric and I getting married. I knew I was way too young to be thinking about it but I didn't care. I loved him more than life itself, he brought out a side of me I didn't know I had.

I woke up when we were able an hour away from school. Ric was sound asleep but was holding my hand on my very upper thigh. I couldn't help but wonder what he was dreaming about since he was sleep smiling. I grinned as I looked out the window, eventually falling back asleep.

By the time we got back to school, it was time to go home so Ric told everyone that he would see all of us tomorrow. Sarah asked me if I needed a ride, I told her I was fine so they left. Ric looked down at me, the parking lot was deserted since apparently it was supposed to storm tonight. Mom texted me saying that she and dad were on their way to have their anniversary trip. So I told her to be safe.

"Vi?" Ric asked, still looking at me. "Yeah?" "Wanna come over?" I nodded. "Yeah but wait. How am I gonna get there?" He glanced over to his motorcycle. I gulped, dad would've killed me. "Are you sure?" Ric smiled as he handed me his spare helmet then helped me on. "Hold on tight." He smiled before taking off.

The adrenaline rush was nothing I had ever experienced before. I hated roller coasters so this was my first real rush. I held onto Ric tightly as we rode to his house. I felt like I was living in a dream, I loved it.

When we arrived, Ric picked me up bridal style and carried me inside. I giggled as he carried me up to his bedroom. Once we were there, he set me down on the bed and took off my purse and shoes before laying me down. I looked up at him, he smiled as he took his shoes then laid beside me. "Today was so much fun." I smiled. "Yeah it was." Ric kissed my cheek and held me close. We both snuggled close as we fell into a gentle, quiet sleep.