I automatically held my breath as his simple words sent a shiver down my spine.
I didn't notice how my heartbeat suddenly accelerated again, nor how my fingers unconsciously slid to his hips and nervously clawed into the fabric of his shirt.

The voices now became louder and louder until they could be heard directly on the other side of the container.

"I can't belive we lost them," I heard one of them talk, his voice reaching us so muffled that I didn't know who was speaking.

"For fuck's sake!", it came from another one and at the same moment someone kicked against the container we were in.

I almost made a sound if Donghyuck's hand wasn't still pressed onto my lips. Thoughtlessly, my fingers pulled him closer to me, overcoming any distance that was left between us.
I breathed  restlessly through my nose, while my chest pressed against the boy above me whenever air wandered into my lungs.

"Fuck it, we better get back to headquarters before we lose the goods."

"Did you memorize the girl's face?"

At that moment my eyes widened, even though I couldn't see anything in the dark.
A bad feeling came over me when I realized that I was now on SVT's black list.

"I'm not sure, but I could identify her if she were standing in front of me."

"Good, let's tell the boss then."

A short time later, footsteps sounded again, becoming quieter by the second, until gradually fading away.
To be on the safe side, we stayed like this for a bit, while Donghyuck took his hand off my mouth and now placed both arms on the sides of my head.

Although our pursuers were most likely out of range, my own heart didn't stop racing.
It almost seemed as if time had stopped while my classmate was literally lying on top of me.
I didn't know what to say or do, for that brief moment my head was completly empty.

"I think they are gone", I finally heard him whisper, his hair falling on my forehead as I could feel him trying to stare into my soul with his eyes despite the darkness.

"Mhm", it sheepishly left my lips, while I was trying to swallow the sudden lump in my throat.

Apparently my nervousness was too obvious, causing Donghyuck to chuckle slightly, his whole body shaking from his small laughter.
I felt his left arm move until his soft palm landed on my right cheek before he gently stroked a strand of hair behind my ear with his fingers.

"You're blushing," he chuckled again in amusement, my heart skipping a beat once again.

It was only now that I noticed how warm my face had become, and I instantly knew, despite my pitch-black surroundings, that I was gradually turning red.
It was embarrassing that he had noticed it without being able to see anything.

As if his words had triggered something in my brain, I pushed the boy away from me as fast as I could and lifted the top of the container.
Luckily for me there was not a soul to be seen around, which is why I literally threw myself out of our hiding place.

Embarrassed and still red in the face I set myself in motion and walked out of the dead end at a fast pace.
How could I act so stupid right now?

He belonged to fucking NCT, I was obliged to hate him with every nerve of my body!
And despite of that I had still spent this short moment with him, which had clearly caught me off guard.

"Hey, don't you want to thank your hero for once?" I heard him calling out loudly behind me as he hurriedly followed me.

"When did you become a hero?" I laughed ironically without turning around and was glad that my normal and mistrustful self was back.

"Um, the moment I saved you from getting killed."

"You are the last person on earth I wanted to rescue me."

"Well... sucks to be you then."

I didn't have to look at him to know he had the biggest, most amused grin on his face ever.
But he was right...

If it wasn't for him, who knows what would have happened to me. Most likely, I would have actually had to defend myself and in doing so would have risked the identity of the DRGNS.

And even though my head told me to hate it with every single nerve of my body, my irrational heart reacted differently towards him and acted as if by itself.

"Thank you", it left my lips so quietly that he could barely understand it.

Not a second later I finally ran away from the boy, an unknown, intense feeling wandering through my body, while my heart was beating like crazy against my chest.

I quickly tried to shake it off and bit my lower lip uncomfortably.

'He is the enemy, Sunghee. Get a fucking grip on yourself.'

I actually had a lot of fun writing this chapter😋

There are a lot of writing prompts on pinterest and I always wanted to write sth to those but I never really liked writing short stories
So I'm glad I can use some of them in this story
Not too many tho haha, it's my story after all🙈😂

Hope you liked today's updates
Have a great day everybody 🙋‍♀️💚