Chapter 9

Half the day had gone and the Starks finally decided a rest was necessary.

Reyna groaned as she got off Roshyn, her body stiff from the long ride and she heard her neck and back crack as she stretched.

Shyam jumped off one of the carts that he had gone and rested in for part of the journey and trotted over to Reyna.

"Hello boy, let's go get you some food and water." The two made their way to another cart where Reyna dug around and found some dried meat.

She then calmly sat under the shade of a nearby tree and fed her direwolf as she watched a few people setting up a fire and pot for lunch and her brothers helping Lyanna out of the carriage.

Her eyes, however, caught a raven flying nearby and her heart stopped as she flew up from her spot and ran towards her horse just as the raven settled on the saddle.

She cooed softly and pet the feathered messenger as she held the letter in her hands, her ice-like eyes scanning over the message before they widened.

She could not write back at that moment so instead ripped the letter in half and gave one half back to the raven.

This was a code to show she had gotten the message.

The raven flew off again and Reyna began ripping the other half into small pieces and with her foot, kicked them into the ground until she was satisfied that her plotting an uprising would not be found out.

Her eyebrows creased and she sighed. The message had brought news that the king had decided to go to the Tourney.

This meant he would be more paranoid and she would be unable to hold a meeting without him sending half his guard if he even saw the lords gathering.

With a groan of disappointment, she rubbed her temples in an effort to think of something until there was a shout of lunch being ready.

The only productive thing would be to eat, she had a whole two days of journey to think up a plan.