Chapter 8

Reyna took another deep breath, trying to calm her nerves as the maids scuttled about with the last few bags of luggage while Shyam and she looked on from the bed.

Looking at all of it, you would think that the Stark family was moving house.

"Reyna! Are you riding in the carriage with Lyanna?" It was Brandon who burst into her room with a grin.

"Well, if I do not keep her company she will be bored out of her mind," Reyna replied.

Lyrra was the only Stark staying back, there always had to be a Stark at Winterfell. The rest of the family would be traveling to the Tourney.

"Her Septa can keep her entertained, I need my riding companion to entertain me since Benjen  will also be in the carriage, so you are free to rather keep me entertained." Brandon pleaded with his puppy eyes and Reyna, of course, gave in. She rolled her eyes and with a smile began pushing her brother out of her room.

"Well, let me change and I'll meet you at the stables!"Reyna chuckled as she shut the door on her older brother.

With a huge smile, she quickly changed into her chainmail and armor with the help of the nearby servants and ran out of the keep like a demon out of hell, pure joy on her face.

Roshyn was already being led out by Brandon and Eddard.

To one side Reyna saw Lyanna open-mouthed, staring at her.

"Why can't I ride to Harrenhal?" It was a question that everyone knew was coming.

"Little one, it is a long journey and very tiring on horseback. There are also bandits and troublemakers to look out for. That is why it is us older children riding there. We need to protect our precious little Wolf." Reyna ruffled Lyanna's hair and helped her into the carriage.

Lynna sat with a pout and folded arms as her Septa joined her.

Benjen also took some convincing, but he eventually also climbed into the carriage with a defeated look.

The change in him being in the carriage with his sister and Septa instead of horseback came as an order from their father. Reyna guessed he was worried that if something did happen, Benjen on horseback may be an easy target.

"Right, the last of the bags are packed. You'd think we were going for a year and not a week." Eddard chuckled as Reyna mounted her white mare next to him.

"Onward!" Brandon yelled as he galloped to the front with his father. Reyna and Eddard laughed at him as they stayed close to the carriage.

Lyrra waved off her family. She would stay behind for this Tourney, A stark always had to be at Winterfell, the family knew this tradition well enough.

Reyna looked back and waved to her mother as well, a smile playing on her face as Winterfell became smaller as they rode further. Shyam closely followed his master, trotting beside Roshyn.

Reyna was giddy with both the excitement of attending such a lavish occasion, but also with the nervousness and tinge of worry as she thought back to the plot that the ravens carried for weeks.

This was truly her make or break moment and she needed everything to go how it was meant to or she might pay with not only her freedom, but with her blood.