Chapter 2

Reyna managed to flee from the conversation of her parents without getting caught and ran into the library, slamming the door and resting against it as she caught her breath.

"Now where have you been?" Her eyes widened and met those of Brandon.

"Brandon.. I .." For once the Cunning wolf could not think of anything to help her get out of the situation.

" 'Reading' you said, well dear sister, either you cannot remember where the library is or... You have been doing something you shouldn't again. So tell me who are you running from this time?" The eldest Stark had an amused smile as he leaned on one of the library tables. With a sigh of defeat, she crossed her arms and met Brandon's striking blue eyes that matched hers.

"Mother and Father are planning to marry us all off to powerful Houses... I think he either wants to overthrow the King or... make House Stark the most powerful with more Alliances..." Brandon stood up straight with a furrowed look across his face, trying to take in what she had just said.

"What did he say?" Brandon didn't want to believe that his Father would be playing such a dangerous game.

"He plans to have you married to a Tully girl, Lyanna to Robert Baratheon and Ned to a Dayne girl... and me....he said a Lannister or Tyrell.." Reyna felt disgusted at the thought of an arranged marriage.

"A Dayne? but the Dayne House and the Lannisters are both loyal to the king...Tywin Lannister is Hand to the King," Brandon stated.

"Yes, But the Lannisters lost the marriage proposal of Rhaegar to the Martell House.. and if my little Ravens are right there is talk that Tywin and the King are not as close these days... Some whispers say the King wants Jaime in the Kingsgaurd, though nothing has been made official.. and the Dayne family are loyal to the Dragon Prince..." Reyna bit her lip and creased her brows in thought, Brandon could see how the gears in her head were trying to make sense of the senseless theories as she sat on the cold floor with her back against the oak doors.

"Where do you get all this information from and why am I always the last to know?" He shook his head in amusement.

"Unlike you dear brother I mingle at tourneys and not only sharpen my sword." The comment caused her brother to roll his eyes.

"Yes, yes we get it, your weapon is your brain, got it."

While her brother laughed Reyna was lost in thought.

There was trouble brewing in Westeros and She had a feeling that her dear father was about to cause a civil war if it was power he was lusting after.

________________________________

"Reyna!....Reyna!" The eldest Stark girl felt someone tapping her shoulder and with a groan of annoyance at been woken while she was cuddled in warm furs, she opened her eyes, only to be met with the sight of her younger sister.
Z
"Lyanna... the birds aren't even chirping and the sun is still down, can I not be left to sleep in peace Little wolf." Reyna nestled into her furs more, her dark curls falling over her face as she avoided the harsh and cold morning air.

"But Reyna, We didn't train last night and you did promise I could practice the sword with you." Listening to her sister Reyan groaned.

"Okay, okay I shall meet you in the courtyard, I just want to get decent clothes on. I doubt a nightgown is the appropriate clothing to wear." Lyanna left her sister in peace after that, eagerly running to the courtyard to wait.

Reyna grabbed her normal chainmail, white shirt, pants, and boots. After dressing she braided her hair and grabbed her sword, Frozen Heart and met her sister in the Winterfell Courtyard.

The two sisters parcticed stances Reyna with her trusty Frozen Heart and Lyanna with Dire Frost, Lyanna eagerly following every move Reyna made.

The two then sparred with wooden swords, each dancing around the other like they were in a battle for their lives. Though Lyanna was younger, being one and four, her quick and lithe movements barely matched Reyana's fierce and calculated strikes. They each landed blows and Reyna was waiting for her dear sister to tire and make one fatal move.

That moment came when Lyanna's grip loosened slightly, allowing Reyna to land a hard blow on it, sending the fake sword flying a few feet away, and without hesitation, Reyna pulled her wooden sword to the distracted She-Wolf's neck.

"And Match!" Reyna smirked at her sister while the younger girl pouted.

"I am never going to be good." She whined while picking up her sword. Reyna frowned and leaned down to Lyanna's eye-level.

"My dear sweet Lyanna, you are able to keep up with Brandon and I, that is a feat even Eddard hasn't achieved. Be confident in your sword and self my dear." The younger sibling smiled at the encouragement of Reyna.

"Now I can see the sun rising, we need to get ready for breakfast Little Wolf."

The two girls left the empty courtyard and entered the halls of Winterfell as the sun rose, showing its fiery wrath that still couldn't make it through the cold and heavy clouds of the North.