Chapter 6

"Shyam, come on, come on." The black Direwolf perked up hearing Reyna's voice and slightly lifted up his head to look at her.

"Come on, the Tullys will be here soon." Reyna had a nervous tremble in her voice, it had been a fortnight since her father had agreed to her plan and now not only were the Tullys here to visit, but she also had been working hard to make sure the Harrenhal plan went on without a hitch. She and her little ravens had been sending messages back and forth a startling amount and this worried her even more that she may get caught.

Shyam trailed behind her as Reyna met the rest of the Stark house in the Winterfell courtyard. Brandon gave her a glance as she stood next to him.

"Why do you seem so happy?" He questioned as Shyam brushed past him to sit next to Reyna, his head was at her waist, allowing Reyna to scratch his ears and smooth is midnight black fur as the family waited tensely for the Tully house.

"Oh dear brother, you will thank me once you know." A smirk appeared on Reyna's face as she continued to stare out into the distance, searching for the banners showing a trout.

They appeared moments later, being held by bannermen that were on horses in front of a simple carriage. Two men were in front of the parade, a boy was also riding a horse near the front.

Reyna felt unease creeping up on her, this was a reminder of what was at risk if her plan did not work out.

She took a calming breath as the parade stopped at the Winterfell courtyard, the men and the boy got off the horses and one of the bannermen helped a woman with hair the colour of fire out of the carriage. She was followed by two girls, each matching her appearance.

The taller and seemingly older of the two glanced at the Stark siblings, her eyes paused at Brandon, taking him in, before continuing to keep in step with her sister and mother.

Reyna guessed that she was Catelyn Tully.

She was beautiful, but beauty meant nothing if you were weak and vulnerable, and Catelyn Tully was that, a vulnerable and weak trout being thrown into the wolf's jaws.

Hoster Tully shook Rickard's hand and gave a grin.

"It's good to see you old friend!" The two chuckled. It was as if it was an informal visit instead of the serious alliance discussion it was meant to be.

"Hoster, I'm sure you remember Lyrra, my wife and then Brandon, Eddard, Reyna, Lyanna and Benjen." Rickard went down the line, reintroducing his family. Hoster paused at Brandon before he shook his hand and then again paused at Reyna.

"The Cunning Wolf! You have gotten bigger since I last saw you!" Reyna politely let him kiss her hand and smile sweetly like she was taught during all her lessons.

Her eyes widened when Brynden Tully then stood in front of her and did a sweeping bow with a charming smile, she held back the urge to roll her eyes as he did what his brother had previously done, unlike his brother he was more forward with the compliments.

"My Lady, you are truly a vision of a Northern beauty." Reyna grimaced internally. Brynden was an attractive man, there was no doubt about that, but she was not even remotely interested in Blackfish.

"Thank you for your kind words." She gave a smile before greeting Catelyn, Lysa and Minisa Tully. Edmure stayed back and simply observed.

The families did not have time to mingle as Brynden, Hoster, Minisa followed Lyrra and Rickard into his study.

The Tully and Stark Children stood awkwardly until Catelyn Tully stepped forward and held out her hand towards Brandon.

"Catelyn Tully, I hear you and I are to be wed, you must be Brandon.." Brandon simply kissed her hand half-heartedly before His sister interrupted.

"That my dear Tully is inaccurate, you are not betrothed to my brother, at least until I say." Catelyn blushed furiously and you could see she did not take kindly to the condescending tone of the older girl.

"That is not up to you! My parents said there was an agreement!" The furious and embarrassed girl clenched her fist and tried not to shout. Reyna gave her a smirk.

"Oh how naive you are, I ended the betrothal after a very interesting discussion with my father, and Catelyn, decisions will always be up to those with more knowledge." Brandon seemed shocked with wide eyes aimed at Reyna, and then came the relief with a smile to her.

He ran after her just as she walked through the Great Hall.

"Reyna how?" Reyna gave a smirk.

"My dear brother, a lady never tells her secrets." She put a finger to her lips before walking away, Shyam dutifully at her side.

The evening came and with it, the tension of the Stark and Tully children continued

Catelyn had taken to ignoring the Starks, while the other two awkwardly tried to communicate. Lynna, Edmure and Benjen were sat talking near the Great Hall fireplace, while Lysa and Catelyn sat off to the side glaring.

Reyna, Eddard and Brandon were seated at the table, Reyna had a book in one hand and was stroking Shyam with the other, while Eddard was scribbling something down next to Brandon who was sharpening his sword, Ice.

"She is glaring at you," Reyna smirked as her brother talked.

"Let her, she is upset as she was ready to do her 'Duty'. The poor girl knows nothing." Reyna turned over the next page and continued to read contently until it was time for dinner.

The Starks sat at their usual places, Rickard at the head with Brandon and Lyrra on either side. Eddard and Lyanna sat next to Lyrra while Reyna and Benjen sat on the other. The Tullys took their seats.

The usually loud and warm setting that could keep the cold out of the room was heavily dampened by the tension. Reyna had heard from her Father that Hoster was upset that the engagement was either going to be pushed back or not happen at all.

That man was greedy, proven by him negotiating a marriage between Lysa and Jon Arryn, she heard it was still in the beginning stages but the man was trying to marry off all his children as soon as he could.

After the tense dinner, everyone retired to their rooms without much being said.

Reyna continued her reading as she sat in bed, only a lone candle keeping her company as Shyam's snores resonated through the room. She was thoughtful as she scribbled down quick notes as if making sense of the information.

She frowned as she sighed and ripped the pages up and watched the candle flame lick the parchment and slowly engulf it, turning the parchment to ash.

Every step of the plan was going smoothly and she had accounted for almost every scenario, at least she hoped she had.