Chapter 14

Reyna walked swiftly into the Stark camp as she heard shouts and laughter coming from the bannermen crowded around the fire where the smell of meat and vegetables wafted from. 

Brandon sat by the fire as well, an ale in his hand as he joined in on the laughter and chatter.

Eddard was probably with their father in the main tent, helping with strategies for the knights or pointing out the weaknesses of their competitors.

Reyna scanned the area and her eyes landed on the nearby Targaryen tents. Her breath hitched momentarily as fear creeped in and pooled in her stomach. 

The fear of what she was plotting, the fear of failure and most of all the fear of death. Reyna knew the consequences if she or anyone was found out. It would not only be her head to roll, but also that of her father, mother and siblings.

 The Mad King was ruthless and would annihilate  the entire family.

"Lady Reyna, would you care to join me for a quick spar, loosen up the muscles after a long ride?" Reyna was pulled from her thoughts by the appearance of Blackfish. She turned to him with a frown.

"I'm sure you could ask my brothers or the bannermen, they are always up for a spar." Reyna dismissed him and continued walking, however Brynden caught her wrist and as she turned to shout he gave a charming smile.

"None of them match your strategy. "Reyna sighed. One spar would not hurt and maybe he would leave her alone for sometime.

"One match, no rematches when you lose." Reyna walked to Roshyn and grabbed her sword, Blackfish following her with a smirk.

"You are confident you will win?" He questioned.

"I always find a way to win." Reyna smirked as she followed Blackfish to a clear are between the Stark and Tully camp, a few meters away were the camps of the Targaryns and Lannisters.

"Ready!" Reyna shouted and steeled herself.

"Ready!" Blackfish shouted back. The men nearby stopped the chatter and watched the two as they began circling one another, neither going for the first hit. A few others from nearby the camps had also stopped mingling in promise of an entertaining fight. 

Many knew Blackfish was talented with a sword and a few wondered who the woman was.

Blackfish finally made the first move and rushed toward Reyna, bringing his sword down hard. Reyna blocked it using Frozen Heart and pushed back, sending the Tully man treading back. Reyna tried to hit his ribs as he got his footing, but Blackfish had learnt her pattern and immediately blocked her. 

Reyna looked up at Blackfish as she jumped back into stance, surprised that he was expecting her move. Brynden gave a smile as the two began circling one another again. 

Their dance continued as blows were made and blocked by each fighter.  

Once again Blackfish made a move, this time as Reyna dodged, Brynden tripped her and in an effort to stay balanced Reyna put her hands out, losing her sword. Brynden was about to land the final blow until Reyna rolled out of the way and grabbed her sword, Brynden tried again and Reyna held her sword up to block, mud covering her as the two glared while pushing the other away, a test of wills. 

"You have lost your spark Sir Brynden." A familiar voice stated and suddenly those standing mesmerised by the fight fell to their knees. Reyna and Brynden stopped and turned to the voice.

A man dressed in black and red garments with his pale blonde, almost white hair that reminded Reyna of the snow in the north loose, stood tall and surveyed the fight.

 Brynden fell to his knees, pulling Reyna with him, who still stared at the man.

 His eyes met hers.

Violet.

Prince Rhaegar.

Her icy blue eyes did not leave his mystifying violet ones and whereas his father would have taken that as an insult, The Dragon Prince confidently stared back before moving his eyes down the body of the kneeling woman.

He smirked, so it was her. The Dragon Prince confidently walked forward up to the two individuals keeling in the middle of the crowd. Reyna suddenly felt herself come back to her body and bowed her head.

"It is an honour to see you again Prince Rhaegar, Lady Reyna and I were simply sparring to spare ourselves of boredom before the feast tonight." The Tully man confidently stated. Prince Rhaegar noticed how he still held the woman's arm possessively.

"Well she certainly puts on a good show. Lady Reyna is it?" Rhaegar focused on the dark haired woman, she now had her head bowed and he felt a twinge of disappointment.  

"Yes Your highness, Lady Reyna of House Stark, Eldest Daughter of Lord Stark." Reyna stated with her head still bowed, dark curls hiding her face from the Dragon Prince.

"You were confidently fighting a few seconds ago and now you hide your face in fear?" The Prince questioned quizzically and tilted his head. Reyna drew in a breath and looked up at the Prince, curls fell away to expose the Northern beauty's face. 

Rhaegar hid his emotions and offered the Stark woman his hand, Reyna cautiously took it with her mud covered one and Rhaegar helped her up, Blackfish was forced to let go of the dark haired beauty and bit back a remark.

"Perhaps I could spar with you before the tourney is over, now that I know where to find you Lady Reyna." Rhaegar stated before turning his heel and walking towards the Lannister tent, his entourage of servants following as Reyna stared after, hoping she could meet with the Dragon Prince soon, at least before her plans went too far.

" Rhaegar stated before turning his heel and walking towards the Lannister tent, his entourage of servants following as Reyna stared after, hoping she could meet with the Dragon Prince soon, at least before her plans went too far