Chapter 1

"You cheated!" A dark-haired girl shouted from her white mare as Brandon Stark continued to chuckle.

"Come now dear sister, do not sound so defeated!" He leaned over to his sister and gave her a side hug from his horse.

Reyna seemed to accept his gesture, until Brandon pulled away and suddenly, was upside down on his horse.

"See you at the keep dear brother! Yah!" Reyna's horse galloped away, the echos of the woman's laugh the only thing to be heard in the Godswood.

Reyna spurred her horse on as they reached the entrance of Winterfell, Brandon having not caught up to his sister. The guards made no move to stop her and she dismounted once reaching the stables.

The smell of hay hit her nose and she was enveloped in the warmth of the building. A few horses whinnied as she made her way passed a few stalls.

"Well done Roshyn." She fed the mare an apple and rubbed her neck lovingly.

"You are finally back!" Reyna felt a body hit her with force as her younger sister, Lyanna hugged her.

"And why are you out and about young one? As I recall you are suppose to be attending to your lessons with Septor Elieen." Reyna smirked as her sister sighed.

"I got bored, I've been hiding here for an hour!" The older girl laughed and wrapped an arm around her sister's shoulders. Her armour contrasting the dress Lyanna wore with furs.

"Well if you promise to get back to your lessons then I will try to convince mother and Father to let you practice the sword with me."

"Really?" Lyanna questioned and after a nod from Reyna, squealed in delight as she trotted off, back to Septor Elieen for sewing lessons.

Reyna smirked as she heard the sound of hooves and was met with a furious-looking Brandon.

"I call for a rematch!" He shouted, no trace of anger in his voice though.

"Oh come now dear brother, be a good sport." Brandon put his stallion away, ignoring his sister's mocking, however she linked arms with him as he walked out the stables.

Brandon could never truly be angry with his sister, for most of his life Reyna had been his playmate, his friend as his younger brother Eddard had always been off studying, so he took their younger sister under his wing.

The day she was born all he wanted to do was hold her and play with her, soon it was sword fights and archery.

Lord Rickard and Lady Lyrra let the two get away with skipping lessons, seeing that it wouldn't help to discipline the wolves.

Reyna grew up to be quite the trickster and manipulator, her knowledge revered at Winterfell. This earned her the nickname 'The Cunning Wolf'.

"Now how about I escort you back to your room so you can get ready for dinner, mother would not approve of armour at the table."

The two chuckled as they made their way to the keep, the large and imposing grey exterior of Winterfell matched the cold weather that forze the land and the snow that crunched underneath their leather boots.

_______________________________

Reyna was seated in the great hall in time for when her parents entered the hall. Her armour replaced with a blue dress and furs to keep the cold evening air at bay.

Brandon, Eddard, Reyna, Lyanna, and Benjen all gave their greetings as their parents sat down and servants flurried about with food and drink.

The dining hall had a warmth to it with its dark wood table and chairs and a roaring fire on the far end of the room. Tapestries telling the history of the great Stark family hanging proudly on the rock walls.