Chapter 17

"I do not recall you sending a Betrothal Ser Willas, I believe you were yet to accept my father's terms." Reyna kept her composure as the band began to play a song and people scrambled to dance.

"Well, I told my grandmother to accept, however, we received a message before we could accept stating the marriage negotiations were on hold. I had almost thought I lost my chance to the Lannisters." Willas passed his cane to a young boy, most probably his attendant, and stood in front of Reyna.

The Northern Beauty met his eyes and Willas, for a moment paused to admire her. He took this silent moment between them to take in her dark hair, light skin, and blue eyes. To him, she embodied the North, in all its cold and deadly beauty.

Few men could survive and conquer the North, just as few men could hope to conquer Reyna. Willas hoped he would not Conquer her, but learn to survive her.

He offered his hand and Reyna raised an eyebrow and tilted her head.

"I may not be the best dancer here, especially with my disability, but I hope you are willing to give me a chance." The Highgarden Heir asked with sincerity and earnestness. Reyna felt as if this was more than her giving him a dance. She hesitated as her hand hovered above his. The Cunning Wolf took one more chance to meet his eyes before placing her hand in his and accepting the offer with a smile.

Willas gave a blinding smile, joy clear on his face as the two slowly made their way to the outer area of the dance floor. Reyna stood closer to Willas, trying to offer him more support as they walked and Willas, though thankful, tried to keep his weight off her.

The two stopped and Willas wrapped his arm around her waist, Reyna in return placed one hand on his shoulder and the other was covered in his other warm hand.

The two danced on one spot, Willas allowing Reyna to twirl and clap around him with an ecstatic smile and Reyna relaxed into the lull of the music and moves, returning his smile with a genuine one.

The two seemed to be well in Intune with each other, even if they may not have noticed themselves.

Across the room, Olenna and Alerie held glasses of wine in their hands. Alerie smiled at Willas's joy. She had always feared that her son would not find anyone to make him smile since he was a cripple. He may have been the Heir to the most powerful and wealthiest house, but that meant nothing to the judgemental eyes of Westeros.

Imagine her surprise when they received a betrothal offer from the Stark house. Alerie admitted that Reyna was just as intelligent as she was beautiful and made a perfect match.

Who knew a Northern House could hold such talent and Wealth?

She continued to watch as the music ended and Reyna smiled at Willas. The war may be brewing, but Alerie knew that the Tyrell thorns were thick enough to fend off the Dragons should they attack.

Olenna sipped her wine swaying to the music before it ended. She was just as cunning as Reyna and to her, the plan she had always wanted was working.

The Tyrells now had the opportunity to sit on the Iron throne. The Cunning wolf was a great match and she saw how Willas took to her. He had been finding out all he could as soon as he found out about the possible betrothal and Olenna even admitted the boy was head over heels.

However, he was smart and knew that he needed to tread lightly with a war brewing.

Her eyes scanned the hall. The center was filled with young and old dancing and laughing. This was contrasted by the Targareyns who had not moved from their thrones.

She noticed the Mad King whispering to someone before he stood up at the end of the song. The room went silent, all eyes moved to the Mad King as every person waited with bated breath for what he may say.