Chapter 29 - The Afternoon Snack Club

Astrid was still debating whether or not telling Ophelia bout her mate status was a mistake. She trusted her, as one trusts someone you met a few months prior. Only time would tell.

She was currently sitting in math and Ophelia kept looking back at her with a stupid smile plastered on her face. At least someone was excited about my position.

     "Could you stop? Mr. Davis is going to give us detention." Astrid whisper yelled at Ophelia while looking at the teacher. Mr. Davis was known to be harsh. No talking, no bathroom breaks, and no creepy smiling.

     "Sorry." Ophelia mouthed and turned her head back to the front.

     "I'm sorry ladies, was that conversation so imperative that it had to disrupt my class?"

     Astrid and Ophelia were dumbfounded, he wasn't even looking at them. Damn werewolf hearing.

     "Sorry Mr. Davis. It won't happen again."

    "You're right. Because you two now have detention."

     What a bitter old man.

~~~{ }~~~

     Since math was the last class of the day, the two girls walked straight from class to the detention room. Once they walked in, Astrid felt the desire to roll her eyes. If these students weren't training to be warriors, they'd definitely be rogues.

     Fortunately, the old librarian was in charge of detention this afternoon. It seemed unreasonable to have such an old women in charge if delinquents, but Astrid wasn't going to complain. The woman was already fast asleep at her desk.

     Turning around to Ophelia, Astrid motioned her hands towards the door. Ophelia shot her a confused look and went to find a place to sit.

    "Let's leave." Astrid made sure to lower her voice so that the woman wouldn't hear them. She was old and asleep, but now wasn't the time to take chances.

     "But Mr. Davis gave us detention. We can't just leave."

      "Yes we can, it's easy. Look I'm doing it now." Astrid turned to leave but a stray arm stuck out blocking her path.

     A boy around her age started getting up.

     Damn he's kind of hot.

     "If you want Mr. Davis to get off your pack, you'll need a detention slip signed by Ms. Samuel."

     His voice was deep and he had a bad boy persona going for him. He had dark curly hair that sat on his head perfectly and brown eyes that seemed to be playing with her.

     "W-well I'm not sure if she'll ever wake up. I mean she's passed out."

     The mystery boy winked at her and leaned close to whisper in her ear.

      "Trust me, you should stay."

      Despite her best judgement, Astrid sat down next to him. It wasn't like she liked him, he was attractive, and mysterious, and... well hot.

She covered her cheeks with her hands, willing them to go back to their normal color. There was no way she was going to have a conversation with him while her face was red. Ophelia sat in the row across from her with a confused look. Astrid dismissed her with a wave of her hand, to which Ophelia rolled her eyes and started napping.

"So what's your name?" Mystery boy turned to her while biting his pen.

"A-Astrid." Damn it why am I so awkward.

Mystery boy paused for a second thinking her name over.

"Nice to meet you Astrid, I'm Carter."

Astrid was about to open her mouth to speak before a boy sitting in front of them turned around.

"You're the girl that fucked that old guy."

If Astrid's cheeks were red before, they were flaming now. Normally she'd reply with a snarky comment, but now her words were stuck in her throat.

"Come on man, it's not cool to spread rumors like that." Carter came to her defense and Astrid could feel herself calming down.

"It's not a rumor." The random kid brought out his phone and showed the picture that Achilles had taken that night.

Carter squinted his eyes to analyze the picture while the boy in front of them laughed.

"How much." The kid was trying to contain his laughter.

"What?" Astrid was confused as to what he was asking.

"How much did he pay you. Hell, I'd pay double just to do whatever you did with him."

Astrid's mouth hung open in shock. It was a picture of them kissing. Has no one ever been kissed before?

"It was a kiss you pig. What, have you never been kissed? Are you really so desperate that you're willing to pay?" Astrid was fuming while sat watching the events unfold.

"Just offering babe. If you're going to go around ruining yourself for your mate you might as well get financial compensation."

That was the last straw. Astrid scoffed and said the dumbest thing she could have possibly said in that situation.

"What if he was my mate?"

     Astrid paled once she realized what she said, her diarrhea of the mouth had made an appearance at the wrong time.

      "You're lying. That guy is like 50 and you're still in school. He's probably a pervert using you to get laid."

     Astrid would admit, that stung. She knew what her relationship with Andrew would look like to the public. It was a twisted thing for the moon goddess to do and it only further complicated her feelings.

     "Shut the fuck up Robert." Carter finally spoke and Astrid almost forgot he was there. He even growled at the end to really get his message across.

      "Whatever. Have fun with her after her mate finds another piece of ass."

      Robert got up and left the detention room, the librarian still sound asleep at the front desk. Serves him right, now he can't sign his slip.

     "Thanks for that." Astrid smiled, grateful that he dismissed the rude boy.

     "No problem. Here's my number if you ever want to chat. Or go on a date?" He gave her a half smile and while Astrid really really wished she could go on a date with this boy, she wasn't going to have another Pierce repeat.

     "No, I wasn't lying about the mate thing. We could just be friends."

      Carter groaned and put his hand over his heart.

      "Oh how your words hurt me so. I know I shouldn't be happy being friend zoned, but you're cool."

     Astrid laughed.

     "Well I'm so happy you think I'm cool."

     The detention bell rang and Ophelia woke up from her nap.

     "So what happened with cute mysterious boy. Please don't tell me you're going to date him."

     Astrid rolled her eyes and sighed.

     "If I were my past self then yes, but now I don't think I could do that to Andrew."

     "Yes girl, get that bag."

       And so Astrid and Ophelia left the detention room, arms linked and signed slips in hand.