Chapter 15 - The Academy

This place was a total drab.

     Astrid had always hated pack life because it was boring and predictable. But now she was regretting taking advantage of her freedom. When she arrived at the imposing gates, she had shot an are you serious look to Andrew, to which he replied with a duh look. The academy consisted of a large brick building and Astrid just knew that this was not the place for her.

     There were people running, and by the looks of their faces they had been doing this for hours. On the other side of the field Astrid could see other kids her age sparring. Exercise was not her expertise.

     They drove up to the doors and were met by the dean of the school, Dr. von Habsburg. He was an old man with completely white hair and a white trimmed beard. He had shown her around the extensive grounds and explained to her what was expected at the academy.

     She would not have any contact with the human world. It was forbidden. She would only talk to friends from her pack, and that would just be Georgina and Andrew. Astrid was fine with talking to Georgina, but she knew that Andrew would just keep talking on and on about how she was becoming a Luna.

     "Now this is your dorm room. As requested you have a room and an en-suite to yourself." The old man smiled at her and she knew that this was Andrew's doing. He wanted her to have the same luxuries at home while staying at this hellhole.

     The dean had talked some more explaining things that Astrid didn't give two shits about. He then excused himself so her and Andrew could unpack the clothes she brought, and she had a lot of clothes. Andrew had gone through her suitcase before they left to make sure she had the essentials.

     And to make sure she wasn't smuggling contraband.

     "You know, you could at least try to show some interest in this place. You'll live here for the next year and a half." Andrew tried to reason with her to show her that this place wasn't so bad. He had even gotten her a room to herself so she could have privacy.

     "Goddess forbid I show interest in this place and have you think I'm enjoying myself." Astrid began aggressively folding her clothes and putting them in the dresser.

     "Goddess forbid." Andrew sighed and helped her put away her clothes.

It had taken them four hours to get her room in order. Now Andrew had to take his leave, and it pained him to walk away from the girl he had practically fathered (for lack of a better term). He was also pained to leave his mate behind, vulnerable and in an unknown environment. He hoped she'd flourish.

"Well I guess that's all." Andrew turned to Astrid who had tears in her eyes threatening to spill.

"Please don't leave me here." Her lip was now trembling and tears were beginning to fall from her eyes. She didn't want to be abandoned by him in a place where she had no protection. She wasn't like the other kids and she feared that she would become the prey.

"Oh Astrid" Andrew pulled her into a hug and let her sniff his scent while he sniffed hers. The smell of their mate causing each person to calm down. "You'll learn to love it here. I promise. And Georgina and I will visit you whenever we can." He kissed her hair and released so he could cup her face in his hands.

"I love you mon Chou." Astrid laughed at the stupid nickname and wiped away her stray tears.

"Bye Andy. I'll miss you."

And with that, Andrew walked to the door; only looking back once before opening it and heading out.

~~~{ }~~~

For the first time in perhaps a decade, Astrid had to eat dinner with a bunch of other wolves. If she was back on Silvis Territory, this would have been considered a pack dinner. Yet, here at the academy this was the only way a student could get their meals. Much to Astrid's dismay.

She tried to get room service, but was laughed at by another student. I believe the phrase she used to describe Astrid was entitled bitch.

Astrid sat at the table for her floor and looked around at her peers. They appeared rough and rugged, all of them natural born warriors. They had been molded to fit the harsh conditions of the school. And from what Astrid could tell, none of them had wealthy mates who could spoil them. Only Astrid had that, and they saw her as rotten.

She supposed her attitude also contributed to this negative view of her. She scrunched her nose at the bruteness of the girls eating next to her. They ate like animals, and perhaps they were. This is what happened when wolves were too exposed to pack life. They became too in touch with their inner wolves, so much so that they became wolves themselves.

"What are you looking at?" Astrid paused her evaluation and looked at the girl in front of her. She was extremely muscular and had black hair pulled back into a braid. She was the same age as Astrid, yet her skin was hard from hours in the sun and her eyes were dark from her excessive training. She was the polar opposite of Astrid.

"Well I'm new so I thought I would try to find a friendly face. My name's-"

"Astrid I know. You're that rich Alpha's daughter. So bratty that your own father had to ship you here." She made Astrid's life sound as if it was a joke, and some people around them began to laugh.

"My parents are dead. And my alpha sent me here because of my rampant drug addiction." Astrid left out how she didn't interact with her pack. She wouldn't let this mountain judge her any further.

"Oh my bad. So you're just sucking the Alpha's dick..."

Astrid had made many stupid decisions in her life, yet this had to be amongst the worst. She lunged at the girl in front of her, her hands barely making it around her thick neck. The girl had managed to throw Astrid off and even threw in a few punches. That was until a yell rang out and informed Astrid that she was in trouble.