She knew she couldn't disobey him or it will only get worse.

She hesitantly walked up to him and looked down in respect. She remembered the last time she looked at his eyes...she shivered at the memory.

"Yes?" she whispered, acknowledging his request.

"Did you get the stuff?" he grumbled, getting impatient. Her eyes went wide and she internally facepalmed.

She had forgotten.

Between working 3 jobs, writing her college essays, taking care of the boys, and making sure the house was clean and the bills were paid, she had forgotten the most important thing.

She was surely going to get the worst beating yet.

She swallowed the lump in her throat as she began to tremble and beads of sweat formed on her head. Her body tensed and her eyes pinched shut while she hung her head in shame.

"N-No sir," she whispered. She heard him get up and she braced for the impact.

"You fucking useless bitch! You will never learn slut!" he boomed as he pulled her hair and dragged her to the basement. She cried out in agony as tears streamed down her face.

She knew fighting wasn't going to help the situation. As he dragged her by the hair his grip got tighter each passing moment as he growled incoherent slurs.

As they reached the cold concrete floor he threw her down harshly. She put her hands in front of her to soften her fall but it didn't help as she heard her bones snap.

She yelped out but she was caught off guard when he threw the beer bottle at her, making it shatter on her skin as the shards pierced her scarred skin.

She screamed out as blood seeped through her torn clothes and cut her skin in all sorts of places.

But it didn't stop there as he continued to thrash her around, punching, hitting, and kicking whenever he could.

End of flashback

She snapped out of her daze as his cologne brought her back to her senses.

She looked around the room and found him slumped against the wall blowing out smoke. She rushed over to him and cupped his face.

She grabbed the cigarette from his mouth and put it out.

His hair was ruffled. Bags underneath his eyes were tired and strained. Stress lines had formed on his forehead. His suit from last night was still on but his blazer was nowhere to be found. His shirt was unbuttoned all the way, leaving his torso exposed as the tie draped around his shoulders.

He still was the most attractive man anyone would ever see.

"Diavola?" he hummed, hopeful that it was her. The stress lines disappeared and his eyes lit up. She nodded and smiled slightly as she tried to pull him up.

He got up, thrilled that she was finally here. All hesitation about her past withered away as she saw his child-like state. When he finally got to his feet he towered over and held her face in his hands as he peppered kisses all over her face.

She couldn't help release a light laugh.

He suddenly pulled away and frowned deeply. She frowned, knowing the reason behind his state.

"Come on. Let's get you some water," she mumbled as she moved a piece of hair away from his face. He pouted as he followed her like a lost puppy.

He slumped against the chair as his eyes followed her body around the kitchen. He put his chin on the counter and smiled lazily as he saw her bring the water towards him.