30. ANY LAST WORDS?

Start from the beginning

"You can't beat me," he stated confidently with a smirk.

"Why so?" I ask glaring at him.

"I am the third in command," he says proudly. I smirk in return.

"I am agent eighteen," I say with deadly tone and kick his legs. He jumps off narrowly escaping my attack. I don't wait a second and kick him on the chest. He stumbles a little but still hold the ground. I throw my pocket knife at him as he barely misses it. He swears loudly and charges at me kicking my side. I fall down near my dagger. He looks where I am looking as he quickly dives to get hold of my dagger and he does.

"Any last words?" he asks menacingly.

"You don't have eyes behind your back, do you?" I ask tauntingly.

"What?" he asks with confusion. His question is soon followed by a gunshot. His eyes turn wide and he drops down cold on the floor. I get back on my feet quickly to see blood running down Alex's forehead.

I walk towards him to ask if he is fine. But the scenario behind his shoulder, takes my breath away.

I see Antonio pointing his gun at Meghan. "Meghan, move!!" I scream and get hold of my gun.

I notice Ben jump in front to cover for Meghan. I hear a shot fired by Antonio closely followed by mine which grazes his arm.

I see Ben's eyes widen as he looks at me with fear filled eyes. He falls on his knees clutching his chest, then falls back on the ground.

"NO!!" I scream and run towards him.

This can't happen. I can't lose Ben.

"Ben, look at me. Keep your eyes open," I plead placing his head on my lap.

"E-El..." he whispers slowly with labored breath.

"Stop talking," I order as I rip off the end of my dress and press on the wound. He hisses in pain with his eyes tightly closed. I vaguely hear the clash and gunshots of the people fighting but all I could concentrate is on Ben.

"El...It...hurts," he gasps as his breath shortens.

"Please, Hang on," I say as my heart breaks by the very thought of Ben being in unbearable pain.

"Eight-Eighteen......we.....we've been.... Compromised..." he whimpers, his voice raspy and soft. He slowly closes his eyes without another word.

"Ben..." I say slowly hoping he would wake up and say he pranked me.

"B-Ben..." I choke as tears flood my eyes but I still hold them at bay.

"Please, don't do this to me. I can't lose you too," I say hoping he would hear my plea and wake up.

I rest my head on his chest as I let my first tear slide down my eyes. I never cried after my mum's death. I might be close to break down but I never let the tear fall. I lift my head up and place my hand on his neck to feel his pulse. It's there. It's feeble but it's still there.

My gaze turns towards his bullet wound as my sorrow turn into some other emotion.

"Enough!!!" I ordered with vehement which makes everyone in the room to go rigid on their postures. Even the gangsters. Though I am not their leader, my voice hold profound strength and authority which makes them go static.

I turn around menacingly slow with fierce eyes with immense intensity of anger. I see every single one trembling and few dropped their weapons as an act of surrender. Their posture screams to run away and their eyes hold fear. But my eyes shows just one emotion. One.

Rage. Pure murderous rage.

"Leave," I address the team and look back at Ben. He laid lifeless, barely breathing on the ground. I had been holding back my emotions all my life but I don't want to hold back anymore. I won't hold back anymore.

"Eighteen," Alex starts but I cut him off.
"Now!" I say sternly holding no room for negotiation. I notice Alex gets hold of Ben and Jayden gets hold of Antonio and leave the room. Other members follow suit.

As soon as the door shuts, I notice most of the men in the room dropped their weapons seeing no reason to fight anymore as their leader is under my mercy. Some still holding their weapons to fight back. Either way, it's going to end bad for them. Let them be an example for others to think twice before they decide to stand against me.

I let out a growl that would have sent shivers down their spine and pull my guns out swiftly.

One gunshot
Two gunshots
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven.

Before they can realize or retaliate at the slightest, I shot down all of them within eight seconds.

I leave the room to see everyone waiting for me outside. There was a van in which, I hope, Ben was there. We quickly buckle up and leave towards our jet.

Within half an hour or so, we reach the private hospital owned by the agency. I have been silent the whole ride not uttering a single syllable.

Ben was quickly taken to the intensive care unit. Liam was taken in too but he wasn't hurt too bad. We were at the waiting hall to hear from the doctor about Ben's condition. Everyone were pacing along the corridor. I was sitting on the chair continuously tapping my fingers and feet. None of us seem to be able to sit calm for a moment.

Out of the blue, I hear a familiar voice roar.

"WHERE IS MY SON??!!" chief roars in frustration.