Chapter 25 - Untold Truth

Author's note

So here it is everyone! The last and final chapter of book one. I just wanted to say thank to all of you who have been here since the very beginning. Your support means a lot to me! I hope you all enjoy this last chapter!

Before you read ahead, I just wanted to let you know that this chapter is very graphic and does contain strong, triggering scenes. If you are under 18 please read at your own risk!

************************************

October 25th 1994
20:30 pm

'Get off her! What the hell do you think you're doing?! She's my fiance's younger sister for christ sake! Fuck!'

'Oh calm down, she was begging for it! I was just giving her what she wanted.'

'Really?! Because from where I'm stood it looks like she's pass out drunk! She hardly ever drinks! I know you, you put something in her drink. For christ's sake, couldn't you just keep it in your pants?! You can't keep doing this. I got you out of jail last time, I'm not going to do it again.'

My eyes were closed, body sore and bruised, but I heard every word. My body was aching, and I shivered from the cool breeze that hit my skin. I knew I knew from that moment what had happened, that I had been raped. I felt sick, sick to my stomach. Beneath my fingers I felt the soft cotton material of the bedsheets, it reeked of sex, drugs and the horrid stench of booze. It was a horrid suffocating smell, one that I would remember, for the rest of my life.

As I lay in his bed, cold and petrified, I wondered if I would even make it out of here alive. Was he going to rape me again, kill me? Leave me for dead? I held back my tears as the thoughts attacked my mind, scratching, pulling and shaking me till the air was knocked out of my lungs from the shock. I was struggling to breathe, starving for air. How could he do this to me? I thought he was my friend, someone I could trust, but I was wrong.

As time ticked by slowly, the bed dipped next to me and I could smell him, the strong scent of his perfume and the smell of smoke from his cigarettes that lingered on his clothes. His scent was on, in me.....all over me. I wanted nothing more than to run, to get away from him, but I was scare of what he would do to me if he knew I was awake.

For a moment all I heard was the deafening silence, feeling it's dark embrace as it feathered my skin with its long sharp fingernails, sending a bone-chilling feeling crawling up my spine. Never in a million years did I think this could happen to me. It was the sort of thing I only heard about in movies, books and television shows, but to think that it could happen in reality frightened me. Was the world always this dark? Always this cruel?

I waited, trying to anticipate his next move despite my condition, then I felt it, his cold hand tracing patterns on my bare back, stopping just above my ass where a thin sheet was draped over it. I felt the burning feeling of his stare as it scorched my back, making me shiver in disgust.

I was bruised and damaged as I lay in an unknown room, in an unknown place. My brain was still foggy, trying to comprehend and accept what had happened, but I wasn't stupid. I knew. I knew deep down what had happened. I wanted to cry, to bury myself somewhere and never come out.