Perhaps I could subtly ask her next time I saw her.

But of course, Emma and I weren't together, so eventually it wouldn't really matter anyway.

"She's met Roland already. He was playing near the old factory this morning," I told Ruby and she looked confused.

"Really?"

"Mhm. She dropped him off at Robin's." I frowned briefly, before I relaxed my gaze. "But it doesn't really matter. Would you be angry if Ashley, or another friend, turned out to have children?"

Ruby shrugged, but shook her head. "No, but that's because Ashley is my friend."

"And Emma is mine."

"Mhm.." Ruby's tone was laced with disbelief and she smirked. "Just a friend. I completely believe you." The woman didn't even try to hide her sarcasm, but I ignored it.

"Thanks for taking care of the children. I'll see you Friday, I heard," I said as Ruby stepped backwards toward the front door.

"Yes. I'm so excited!" She said ecstatically and squealed before she blew a kiss and left my house.

I chuckled softly and walked to the kitchen, where I gasped when I saw the mess my sons had made.

They looked up at me and their eyes scanned the room, not noticing anything. Then, I looked at the cookies and smiled at the heart shaped cookie dough.

"It looks great," I said and planted a kiss on both their heads. "Shall I put them in the oven?" I offered and they both nodded their heads eagerly.

"Yes. These are ready to go in the oven. We're still working on this part," Roland said and he gestured at the ball of dough in his hands.

I grabbed the oven mittens and put the cookies in the oven. Then, I just watched my boys, that I loved more than anything in the world, as they made their cookies and rambled on about everything.

"I love you, boys," I said softly and they turned their head in sync to look at me.

"I love you, too, momma," Henry said and walked towards me to give me a hug.

"Me too!" Roland joined the little family hug and I kissed their heads again.

I was so lucky to have them in my life.

~~~~

Emma's P.O.V.

I continued typing things on the computer and I felt Graham's eyes glued at me. He'd been this way ever since Regina left and I tried to ignore him as good as possible.

"Do you think we should... Okay, Graham, what's wrong?" I rolled my eyes as I sorted some papers, before I fully concentrated on the man opposite me.

We both had our own desks opposite each other, which was nice, except now when Graham couldn't stop looking at me.

"What's that between you and Regina?" He asked and looked genuinely interested.

He was a good guy, but we barely talked about our private life.

"Nothing. Why?"

"I didn't know you were into women, that's all," Graham said and shrugged.

I scoffed and cleared my throat as I straightened my posture. "I am not into women. Regina's simply a.. friend." It took me some time to look for the right word, but Regina was an actual friend.

"Whatever you say," Graham said and looked innocently at me, but I knew he didn't believe me. "Just know that if you would be into women, I'd totally support you."

"That's nice. Unnecessary for me, but nice," I replied.

"So, why were you two kissing?"

I sighed softly. "Since when do we talk about our private lives?" I questioned and quirked an eyebrow.

"Sorry, I just... I don't know anything about you even though we spend at least five days a week together. I don't know anything about your personal or love life and then I saw you kissing this woman and then it actually hit me that I don't know anything about you."

"You don't need to know anything about me to be good colleagues," I said and shrugged as I glanced at the file in front of me.

Graham was right. I always tried as hard as possible to part my work and personal life. I didn't need him to know whom I went out with and what I did in my free time.

"Did your last work partner know anything about you?" He asked curiously and I stiffened.

I ignored his question and started flipping through all the pages, pretending as though I was busy with work, but he and I both knew it was an act.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have brought him up," Graham apologized softly and I looked up.

Did he know what had happened?

"The mayor informed me, before I took the job. Said you were having a hard time," he explained as if he was reading my mind.

I still didn't reply and started typing furiously on my computer. I wasn't typing any words, just random letters, not caring about the fact that Graham was looking at me.

The keys of the keyboard ticked loudly as I pressed them with strength. Graham kept quiet which, for some reason, only made it worse.

Bad memories popped into my mind and I immediately felt tears stinging in my eyes.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to..."

Before Graham could finish his sentence, I shoved my chair back and left the office. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I walked down the corridor.

He'd triggered something inside me and I knew he didn't mean to, but he had. And once the memories came back in my mind, there was no stopping the tears.