13. The Marketplace

"Oh hey!" Jubilant was running over to where Fane and Harvey stood, both of them had a sour mood this morning- Harvey had a sinking gut feeling inside of him, while Fane was fussing over his best coat that got ruined yesterday evening

When a stray dog chewed through it.

This morning, they had a holiday. The long awaited holiday which was being planned by everyone. Those who lived nearby, went home. The foreigners and those who had their homes at distances stayed back.

Fane, Harvey and Jubilant had decided to go outside, visit the town centre, see the markets and do some jolly stuff while they were at it.

Only, Jubilant decided to tag along a boy he had brought with him, just now.

"Ahem, who's he?"

"I'm no one. Please suit yourselves." The new boy, also clad in a silk dress shirt under an embroidered wool overcoat, with hair that hit down to his shoulders and jade earrings hanging from his ears-

"Are you also royalty?!" Fane couldn't stop his words. "God Juby, why do you have to pick them out of the whole crowd!"

"He's me roommate." Jubilant shrugged, while the new boy rolled his eyes, tiny eyes- according to Harvey.

"Liang Zhu, nice to meet you."

Much to Harvey's surprise, Liang Zhu didn't wipe his hand after shaking hands with any of the boys. It was just his face which screamed that he didn't want to be here.

But when they spotted Prince Faizal, who looked like he was drowning under his too large to fit clothes and he wobbled his way over to them, Liang Zhu's expression softened.

"Greetings." He quietly moved over to the yapping Prince of Turkey, while Faizal- who was looking undeniably cute with the large clothes, had a remarkable blush on his cheekbones.

"Are you two friends?" Fame's eyes widened.

"What did you think? That I'd be friends with you peasants?!" Faizal barked.

"Then why did you even talk to us you yapping chihua-" Fane stopped abruptly, when he saw Liang Zhu's already narrow eyes turn narrower.

"Well I was anyway here for my friend, Ansel," Faizal turned to Harvey, "did you not bring him with you?"

"Who?" Liang Zhu asked.

"He's too fond, and a quiescent soul just like mine- I was hoping to introduce him to you. Might say you would have been bored with this impolite brute here!" Faizal pointed his thin finger towards Jubilant, who simply laughed.

"Are you some sort of royalty magnet? Why do all impudent prosperous people find you?" Fane snapped at his brother, while Jubilant casually shrugged, shaking his head.

"Zhu is not even 'alf as bad."

"Zhu? Zhu?! What are you? On a first name basis now?!"

"Quit it Fane. Tis not me trouble anyhoo," Jubilant sighed, ruffling his brother's hair. "And what 'bout 'im? That's boy?"