Introduction

A/n: I hope anyone who reads this enjoys the story. It doesn't have the most exciting beginning but I promise it will get more exciting very soon. Also, this contains spoilers for the first book of the Wingfeather Saga, and probably some of Tangled the Series as well. I'll warn if something will be spoiled at the beginning of the chapter though.

*most of the descriptions are direct quotes from the 3 introductions of the first book of the Wingfeather Saga, On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness.

*I do not own the Wingfeather Saga, Tangled the Series, or any of the characters, unless I made them up. This story belongs to me.*

Aeweiar: The old stories tell that when the first person woke up on the first morning in the world where (half of) this tale takes place, he yawned, stretched, and said to the first thing he saw, "Well, here we are." The man's name was Dwayne, and the first thing he saw was a rock. Next to the rock, though, was a woman named Gladys, whom he would learn to get along with very well. In the many ages that followed, that first sentence was taught to children and their children's children and their children's parents' cousins and so on until, quite by accident, all speaking creatures referred to the world around them as Aerwiar. On Aerwiar there were two main continents divided by one main ocean called the Dark Sea of Darkness. By the Fourth Epoch, the harsh land east of the sea had come to be known as Dang and has little to do with this tale (except for the Great Evil that came to exist there and waged a Great War on pretty much everybody).

Gnag the Nameless: That evil was a nameless evil, an evil whose name was Gnag the Nameless. He ruled from high atop the Killridge Mountains in the Castle Throg, and of all the things Gnag despised in Aerwiar, he most hated the High King Wingfeather of the Isle of Anniera. For some reason no one could guess, Gnag and his wretched hordes had marched westward and gobbled up the Shining Isle of Anniera, where fell the good king, his house, and his noble people. Unsatisfied, the Nameless Evil (named Gnag) built a fleet that bore his monstrous army westward across the Dark Sea of Darkness to the continent of Skree. And he ravaged that wide land, nine long years before our adventure begins.

Skree: The whole land of Skree was green and flat. Except for the Stony Mountains in the north, which weren't flat at all. Nor were they green. They were rather white from all the snow, though if the snow melted, something green might eventually grow there. Ah, but father south, the Plains of Palen Jabh-J (I have no clue how to pronounce that) covered the rest of Skree with their rolling (and decidedly green) grasslands. Except, of course, for Glipwood Forest. Just south of the plains, the Linnard Woodlands rolled off the edges of all maps, except, one would suppose, those maps made by whatever people lived in those far lands. But the people who made their homes on the plains, at the edges of the forest, high in the mountains, and along the great River Blapp, lived in a state of lasting, glorious peace. That is, except for the aforementioned Great War, which they lost quite pitifully and which destroyed life as they knew it. In the nine years after Skree's king and all his lords - in fact, everyone with a claim to the throne - had been executed, the people of Skree had learned to survive under the occupation of the Fangs of Dang. (Fangs of Dang: Fangs walk about like humans, and in fact they look exactly like humans, except for the greenish scales that covered their bodies and the lizard-like snout and the two long, venomous fangs that jutted downward from their snarling mouths. Also, they have tails.) Since Gnag the Nameless had conquered the free lands of Skree, the Fangs had occupied all the towns, exacting taxes and being nasty to the free Skreeans. Oh, yes, the  people of Skree were quite free, as long as they were in their homes by midnight. And as long as they bore no weapons, and they didn't complain when their fellow Skreeans were occaasionally taken away across the sea, never to be seen again. But other than the cruel Fangs and the constant threat of death and torture, there wasn't much to fear in Skree

Only the bolded parts are vital information.

The Igiby Family: Just outside the town of Glipwood, perched near the edge of the cliffs above the Dark Sea, sat the little cottage where lived the Igiby family. The cottage was rather plain, except for how comfortable it was, and how nicely it had been built, and how neatly it was kept in spite of the three children who lived there, and except for the love that glowed from it like firelight from its windows at night. As for the Igiby family? Well, except for the way they always sat late into the night beside the hearth telling stories, and when they sang in the garden while they gathered the harvest, and when the grandfather, Podo Helmer, sat on the porch blowing smoke rings, and except for all the good, warm things that filled their days there like cider in a mug on a winter night, they were quite miserable. Quite miserable indeed, in that land where walked the Fangs of Dang. (Igibys: children - Leeli 9 years old, Tink 12 years old, Janner 14 years old, Mother: Nia, Grandfather: Podo Helmer, and *SPOILER ALERT* Uncle to the children: Arthram Wingfeather)

*The actual part that I wrote*

You were born mere months after the good king fell. Unfortunately, out of your three other siblings, you were the only one who never got to meet your father. Even worse, the Fangs took you away from your family when you were only three. They originally intended to kill you, until Gnag thrashed out at them and ordered them to keep you alive, knowing what they could do with an Annieran princess on their side.

So they raised you like you were one of their own, while having to accommodate you being a human. They had taught you the nastiest phrases and insults by the time you were six, though you never really said them. By the time you were seven you could name the best places for inflicting pain, or causing long term damage, and you could list any number of ways to injure people. And by the time you were eleven, you were a great warrior, better than more than a de if your venomous caretakers.

Now, you are fourteen, and you have been living among the Fangs for eleven years. You never understood why the Glipwood-towners were treated so poorly, had they done something to anger the Fangs? You still aren't sure what you did, either. There was only one Fang who treated you with any decency, and that was Slarb. He was like a father to you, while all the other Fangs were so cruel, sometimes even beating you, kicking you, and starving you almost to death.

The day came when you were allowed to leave Glipwood for the first time, and you were so excited. You were ready for a change of scenery, though you would miss Slarb. When you found out you would be going to the kingdom of Corona, you couldn't believe it. You had heard someone tell tales of Rapunzel and her legendary hair. He was a boy a few years older than you, named Janner. You and his sister Leeli shared an uncanny resemblance to each other.

The day finally came when you were to go to Corona. Putting your small case of belongings in the carriage, you turned back to face your "father." Long since you had learned that hugs are not acceptable in Fang society, you tackled him to the ground, the closest thing you would ever get to a hug from a Fang. The truth is, he wouldn't mind hugging you, if it weren't for his reputation. After you tackled the Fang one last time, you turned and climbed into the carriage.

A/n: Hope anyone who took the time to read this enjoyed it, even though its not really gotten to the interesting part yet. I don't plan on quoting the books that much ever again, I might go so far as the occasional reference, but there definitely won't be anything like what I had in the beginning again.