Chapter 55: Pretend

Guess who sucks at Anatomy class? Meeeeee

Anyways, whoo for fast update!

Boo for midterms next week.

Be rad.

Love y'all ♡

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Kenji's POV:

I walked into Rubro's office only to see Ginata slapping him quite harshly, "You bastard! How dare you even say that! You don't know the pain she's felt alone!"

My eyebrow quirked, "Oh, Kenji." Rubro acknowledged me as Ginata gave me a wave, then picked up his cellphone, putting it to her ear.

"She's not saying anything." Ginata mouthed as Kenji sighed, taking it from her.

"Odia? Are you there? Why aren't you talking?! Is this some kind of childish silent treatment?" He snapped as I widened my eyes shile Ginata put the phone on speake, not even looking at Rubro. After no response he heaved a sigh, looking at Ginata, "Maybe I should just stop try-"

"Oh my..." A male voice spoke, making me rush to sit on the chair in front of him, staring intently at the phone.

"Odia!" The voice yelled, panicked.

"What the hell?" Rubro cursed.

"She's bleeding a lot." A deeper voice  shook as Ginata covered her mout in shock.

"Bleeding?!" I yelled to Rubro.

"Take her to a hospital, now!" The first yelled, "I'll go tell the host club, you go as fast as possible. She's loosing so much blood!"

"What did you do?!" I yelled.

"He spoke to her worse than you ever have." Ginata spat as Rubri put his head in his hands.

"What gives you the right to-"

"Oh there you guys- Odia!" A panicked female voice cut me off, "What-"

"Go with Mori to the hospital, I'll explain to the club." The first male voice spoke.

"I gave her everythin-"

"Everything but the time of day!" Ginata snapped.

"You're her family, and you're all she has-"

"He-Hello?" The female voice spoke, "Mr. Soliz?"

"What happened?" Rubro choked out.

"Odia... she hurt herself, bad." The female's vouce was shaking, "She used her earing to make a deep vertical line on the length of her forearm, a-and she made a deep diagonal line from her shoulder to the top middle p-part of her chest. She's unconcious." She paused as Ginata let out a sob and I clenched my fist, "I don't know what you said to her, but it was obviously more harsh than anyone deserves, especially her. Odia always talks about how she owes you everything, how much she loves you, and how she doesn't know what she would do without you. Yet whenever she talks about the tradegy she's been through, she does her best to justify you skipping out on her when she needed you the most. You are her only family, and she looks up to you so much that even mentioning you brings a small smile to her face, no matter how little you pay attention to her as a little sister. Now, she's bleeding, and her blood is on your hands!" The line went dead as Rubro slammed his fist down.

"Damnit, damnit, damnit!" He yelled.

"She wasn't lying. Odi loves you more than anything in the world, no matter how much you treat her like some object to make you stronger." Ginata sobbed.

"You're no better than I was to her." I spat.

"She's probably going to the best Ootori hospital, so let's go." Rubro spoke with his head down.

----

Odia's POV:

My eyes slowly found life as I looked inti the dull hospital room I always despised. The lights were far too dimmed to be a morning, and the clock stating 2:44 wouldn't suggest the afternoon.

My phone began to vibrate heaviky as I answered it after checking the ID, "Ne-Nekozawa?" My voice was hoarse as I sliwly sat up, my forearm throubbung and heavily bandaged much like my chest.

"Why would you do that?" He breathed softly, wasting no time to get to the point.

"My brother finally gave up on me. I should've seen it coming." I sighed, looking down, "He's so stressed, and I snapped for no good reason. I was just so stressed to and-"

"Odia, if you need me to help you in any way, my family wouldn't need to even think twice." He spoke seriously, "You don't have to pretend you're okay."

I nodded, "I... thank you, senpai, for caring." I said softly as I heard a soft click, indicating an end to our brief conversation, just how we always had.

----

My tears refused to cease while my nine year old body shook with my sobs that I tried to keep as silent as possible as I sat at a park bench.

"Odi-chan? What's wrong?" I looked up in the night to see Nekozawa blocking the moon, "Is it your brother again?" He frowned as I wioed my tears quickly.

"N-No, it's nothing. He's just under a lot of stress, and he doesn't have time to worry about me every second of the day." I fake smiled, "It's only allergies."

Nekozawa said nothing as he embraced me, "You know, you don't have to pretend you're okay."

----

I sat in the room, silently crying unti my knees with my head down unil I felt a hand on my back, onky to face Ginata.

She looked at me with a sad smile, "You've been crying for the past three days." I looked down, embarrassed she heard me, "It's not just about the Ootori boy, is it?" Ginata say down next to me.

"N-No, it's nothing. I'm just a little lonely, you know?" I gave her a small fake smile, "So how's Rubro these days?" I asked almost way to eagerly.

Ginata sighed, understanding my tears now, "He doesn't talk to you, does he?"

"He's just under a lot of stress, and he doesn't have time to worry about me every second of the day." I reassured her.

"You should be his top priority-"

I shook my head immediately, "No, I'm a big girl, I can take care of myself."

"You're 15! You've been using the same excuse for him ever since you were kids. Aren't you angry at him for treating you like this?" Ginata began to get heated as tears formed in my eyes.

"I can't get mad at Rubro." I spoke softly, "I owe him so much for all he's done for me. I can't yell at him. The thought of doing so unsettles me. I love Rubro, he's my only blood relative. He's given me so much. I should be giving something back to him."

"You're the backbone of this whole gang! Do you know how much you've earned us respect? Our reputation is thanks to you and Rubro." She sighed, "I'm engaged to him, and I don't know how you can take it. When you were in the hospital, he didn't even visit you. I offered for us to go, and he said it was unnecessary." 

"It wasn't necessary. He has his own issues to deal with. That was nothing I couldn't  handle." I lied, flashing a bright fake smile, until I was pulled into a hug, causing me to go numb.

"You don't have to pretend you're okay." She whispered as I broke down in her arms.