Chapter 38: Dormant

FUN FACT: the word dormant comes the Latin work dormit which means he/she/it sleeps.

So much homework I can't.

I'm going to TRY to post at least one or two a week, but homework has killed me, so let's hope.

Highschool still sucks.

Anyways, be rad.

Love y'all ❤❤

Odia's POV: 2 months before going to Ouran

I layed on the leather couch as I had my eyes closed with my shrink trying to reach into my feelings, "Ms. Soliz, have you secured your living situation yet?" Dikara asked as the 40 year old woman sighed while smoothing down her blonde hair.

"For now." I bluntly spoke as I kept my eyes closed.

"Why don't you ask your brother to help you with finacials?" She acted genuinely interested, but this question has become as routine as my answer.

"I'm fine on my own. He's spent enough money on you." I opened my eyes as I looked Dikara's pale pink suit up and down, "I still don't understand why I'm here at all." I referred to my two years of counseling.

"Ms. Soliz, you went through several horrifying events in your life, and you think you're just fine?!" Oh great, I got her irritated again.

"Horrifying is pushing it a bit, isn't it?" My monotone voice never faltered as I closed my eyes once more.

"You were abused by your grandfather, abandoned by your parents, left on your own, brutallu trained by assassins, and kidnapped by vicious men two years ago!" She exclaimed as I flinched.

The images of the men poking and proding at me like I was their high school rival's mascot appeared into my head, "Don't mention that." I snapped.

"You need to talk about this! You witnessed many deaths in a very fragile time of your life-" Now I was getting irritated.

"What good will talking do?" I seethed as I kept my eyes shut, "I get it, I've been through messed up things!" I snapped as I took a breath.

"You need to find a way to stop being so distrustful. You can't do everything on your own, you know." She used Kyohei's words as I sighed.

"Look, for the sake of our last two sessions, I'll talk, okay?" I opened my eyes as my peripherals caught her nodding eagerly, "I remember every detail of my grandfather, those men, and my parents." I kept a straight face, "I'm emotionally detatched due to such traumatic events, and have no plans of expressing emotions. I plan to carry on life as selfish as I can, and do what I can for the Spiders." My monotone voice remained.

"Aren't you going to a school for once? Don't you plan to make friends?" Dikara sincerely thought she was getting improvement from me.

"No." I spoke immediately, "I plan to be alone, like always." I then heard the satisfactory ding of a timer, indicating our session was over as I stood up, "See you next month."

----

"So now that I can't be your husband, who will?" Kyohei asked as he and I took a walk before he left.

I shrugged, "Who knows? Maybe I can convince Nekozawa to marry me or something." I sighed, my smile falling, "This sucks."

"You've been doing so well here, so maybe you'll find a guy-" Kyohei shut his mouth as he remembered the information I told him on Kyoya 10 minutes ago, "Men are horrible."

I chuckled as I rolled my eyes, "It's fine. I really barked up the wrong tree with my feelings there. The wealthy can be selfish." I began to walk backwards in front of Kyohei, "My brother and Kyoya are prime examples. Rubro is basically selling me off to whoever woll benefit the gang anyways. I don't even think he realizes it either."

"Odia..." He knew I was upset at the fact of my future no longer being mine to decide.

I always hated how he made me out to be so see through in his eyes.

"Can I be alone for a sec? I just need to process things for a minute. This week is really starting to hit me, and I don't want to get emotional in front of you." I pleaded with my eyes as he sighed.

"Be careful." He warned as he walked away, "I won't let you get hurt like that again."

When his figure was out of eye shot,  I slumped against a tree as I sat down, heaving a sigh. I brought my knees to my chest as I rested my head on them.

----

"So, what happened that day?" Dikara asked as I layed on the couch.

"I was going on a walk when I was grabbed by the Bulls." I shut my eyes as I tried to calm myself down.

"Where did they take you?" Dikara asked.

"To a warehouse." I gripped the sides of the couch as I could now see the grimy place so clearly.

"What did they do to you?" Her voice sounded painfully sympathetic

"They put me in a small cage and jabbed at me with metal rods." I could feel the pricking of the metal as I talked about it.

"How long?" She knew she had to keep asking questions.

"A week." I was struggling to keep my brething regulated as I maintained my monotone.

"What happened when your gang found you?" Dikara already knew this answer as her voice shook.

"That was the day they showed everyone why we're the number one gang." I explained cryptically, "It was a blood bath."

I remember it all.

----

I shot awake as a clap of thunder sounded my consciousness.

The world around me was dark as it was evidently this night while rain poured on me while I was walking to a random building.

Wait.

Walking?

I just woke up.

I was about to check who's arms I was in, but lightning struck as I shook violently from the cold and fear.

Maybe eating something after dance practice would've made me feel better than I do now. Hours missed of sleep were really catching up to me now as thunder clapped causing a yelp to escape my mouth as the person held me tighter while I slipped back into unconsciousness.

----

I was cold, really cold, shivering as fabric did it's best to shield me, "Odia?" A voice spoke as I slowly opened my eyes.

"Hmm?" I hummed tiredly while I shivered.

"How do you feel?" The voice asked as I struggeled to make out the figure in my tired and glassesless state.

"Cold, so cold." I spoke,  "I'm back in the cage, aren't I? It was always so cold." I turned in the surface I was laying on, "Always so cold." I placed hand on the freezing surface below me.

"The cage?" The voice sounded perplexed.

"Spiders Bathe In Bulls' Blood." I repeated the famous headline from four years ago, "I'm there again." My voice shook as I could see a bit more clearly while I used my hands to ait me up as I could see Kyoya.

"You're not there anymore, you're stuck here with me." He spoke more tenderly than usual as I took in the dormant elevator that we were encased in.