55: Please I Do Not Want a Heart

Start from the beginning

Upon hearing the story on and on between the two, Benjamin have an inkling about the fifth seal that he only heard from the lips of the former Emperor. Benjamin asked him how did the old man knows about such seal and who else knows about it when it is not written in books. The old man responded with a reminiscing look on his face. He said, it something vocally passed from his mother and who originally heard it from her own mother.

The woman who seemed to be Benjamin's grandmother must be the Empress at that time and a woman who is a descendant of Heart Country. What intrigued Benjamin is, the woman urge the young Emperor back then to keep it a secret, which that secret is now being passed on to Dia and him who just happened to hear bits and pieces of the legend.

Such story that only the Heart Country knows. Benjamin wondered if the future dark events that will fall upon the Empire have a connection with the legend. If it is a simple coup d'état, then why Clover Country will fall also? It will make more sense if it is only the Spade Country, which been having civil wars for generations.

Though, Benjamin and Joseph, the king Spade, had done a lot of counter measures the past decade, the two gentleman cannot stop until the prophecy do take place.

Benjamin enter his office and sat down to his usual seat behind his desk. Upon seeing Benjamin sitting behind his work documents, Leo let out a sighed of relief and excused himself.

Ever since Benjamin's predecessor passed away, there is nothing for Benjamin to relieve his emotions. It only got harder for himself when he decided to hide the fact that Dia ever exist.

Benjamin remove the glove from one of his hand. The fake Diamond seal that is for now holding everything together. Benjamin does not know, for how long he can play this farce. He did not know that he was willing to go this far, just to protect his own child from an unknown demise.

"Oh, Kaleise, you do not know, what kind of karma you left me."

Kaleise, the one woman he knows that is Dia's mother.

Kaleise is a woman Benjamin met through his travels when he escape the academy. During Benjamin's stay in the Academy, his initial plan was to stay until he graduated, however, when the seal manifested on his hand, Benjamin knows that he needs to ran away.

Benjamin was an adopted son of the Duke of Libra. The duke treated him like a fine treasure but never like as a son. At the very young age, Benjamin learned how to trick and manipulate people in order to survive. Benjamin needs to learn how to read the mind of the adults around him, however, the sudden decision of the duke to adopt him remain a mystery until his entry to the academy.

Benjamin took notice of the imperial knight that sporadically delivered messages to the duke. Upon looking and analyzing the duke's behavior, Benjamin knew that the message is an imperial order. An order from the Emperor that his subject could never defy.

Benjamin knew right away that the imperial order is for him because the duke saw him right after and sent Benjamin right away to the academy.

Benjamin had a guess that he might be related to the Emperor but it only became a fact when the seal manifested on his hand. Right there Benjamin remember the anguish voice of his mother, that led him escaping from the academy.

Benjamin always ask himself, why the duke adopted him? What is special about him? There is only one answer, that is because he carries an imperial blood. The blood of the previous Diamond and Heart seal holder.

Through his journey, Benjamin tried to uncover the mysteries and secret of the imperial family but he found later that leaving the academy was a wrong move. Because of his questionable roots, the information was quite illusive. Until he met Kaliese.