11

"It can't be..."

Quest was alive. I don't know how to react to him when I see him staring back at me. I don't know if I should punch him or kiss him. I decide to do neither. I just stand there looking at him. He looks back at me. It's really him.

"I need to explain..." he states taking a step towards me.

I take a step back.

"Don't come near me."

I'm so upset. My heart burns at that moment. He looks over at me and I know that everything he's ever told me in my life has been nothing but a lie. This was my best friend. We had no secrets. We shared everything. Right?

No.

I was wrong. I was dead wrong.

Quest crosses his arms, "Sacrifice. Have you ever wondered how much some people would give up to be a part of a plan bigger than themselves?"

"You're preaching to me about sacrifice?" I ask Quest.

"I'm telling you a story," Quest explains, "I'm telling you a story about sacrifice. There was once a couple and they had a young son. And they loved their son so much that they decided to make the ultimate sacrifice to provide their son with a better life."

"Your parents?"

Quest nods, "I never told you how my parents died did I? Well they sacrificed for themselves to the One-Eyed God. The only god there is. And I became a vessel for the one-eyed god. I was given the vision. I was able to see the light."

At that moment I realize just how deep this is. Quest was completely brainwashed. He was no better than Joaquin's mother or Prairie. He was believing every word that was coming out of his mouth.

"It was all fake?" I ask, "All of it? All of it was some plan that you designed."

"Not all of it," Quest explains, "In the beginning it was the plan. I befriended you. I wove you into my design. I called you my brother. I taught you how to long for someone. I teased you just enough so that you would understand what love was. I got you the job as an intern. I prepared you to seduce Joaquin."

"YOU FUCKING..."

I stop. I stop short. No matter how upset I was, I had to realize who Quest was. He was the source. I'd have to respect him.

"It was all the plan at first, then things changed," he tells me once I calm down, "I gradually realized I actually had feelings for you. I compromised my own plan. So I had to remove myself from your life so that you could complete your goal."

"My goal?"

"To bring Joaquin here."

That was all it was to Quest. He played with my feelings. He faked his own death.

"I mourned you," I state, "Do you realize that? I fucking mourned you when I thought you were dead? You broke my heart."

"It's fine," Quest explains, "It's all better now. Joaquin is here. The plan is underway. Now we can be together."

"Be together?"

I almost laugh at the thought. This motherfucker played me this entire time and now he thought we were about to be together? I am so lost that Quest could be so naïve as to know just how much I hated the Illuminati.

"I meant what I said before," Quest explains, "I meant when I said I wanted to leave with you. I just couldn't leave with you without finishing the plan. I had to make sure you were willing to leave with me though. Now that my plan has been complete, I can write us out of the plan."