9

I storm out of the recording studio. My heart is skipping beats. I've never been so nervous.

"You can't just walk off like that," Prairie states.

The asshole follows me into the hallway. I'm sweating. I swear I'm getting a heatflash. I just found out that I was helping to do mass hypnosis through his music.

"Stay away from me," I warn him.

I want to hit him. I want to punch Prairie right in his fucking face so bad. I don't know what's stopping me. He puts on this smirk that makes me want to hurt him even more. I walk down the hallway to get away from me. He's following me.

I grab Prairie and slam him against the wall.

"STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME!"

"Everything OK here?"'

We turn and see Mr. Mahn standing in the hallway. The nosy asshole is watching us with a curious look. I have no choice but to release Prairie before Mahn gets suspicious.

"Everything's fine," Prairie states, "Right Memphis?"

I have no choice but to force a smile. I have no choice but to pretend at this moment.

"Everything's good."

"Cool," Mahn says walking away.

We keep looking at Mahn as he walks away. I can tell he's suspicious. Every part of me just wants to put Prairie on blast but I can't. When Mahn walks away Prairie is smiling. He's smiling that smile that lets me know that I can't tell anyone about what they are doing to me.

"You don't own me," I tell Prairie.

"Yes we do," Prairie explains, "We own you. You do realize that right? This video has to be shot..."

"It's mass hypnosis."

"Subliminal messages are the new wave," he tells me, "Could you imagine the potential?"

That was the problem.

"What is the end game?"

"We own the next generation. Who better to do that then Joaquin. The next biggest star in the world."

"Why do I have to be involved?"

"If Joaquin's music is going to control the world, then we need someone to control Joaquin," he tells me.

"I don't want to control him."

"You care about him?"

"Of course..."

"Then here is a word for the wise. If you can't control him then he's going to have to go the same way that Quest went."

My mouth drops. I look over at Prairie. I'm shocked.

"Are you threatening Joaquin?"

"I'm just speaking the truth."

"YOU'RE FUCKING THREATENING HIM!"

I can't take it. I already lost Quest. The idea that they are saying that unless I control Joaquin that they would kill him too scares the fuck out of me. Joaquin meant everything to me right now. I had no choice in this matter and it was fucking killing me.

"You ARE our bitch," Joaquin states pointing at my chest.

"Yo what's the fucking issue?" I hear.

Just at that moment Joaquin comes out of the recording studio. I watch at that moment as he straight up bodies Prairie on the ground. He slams him so hard that I swear I hear Joaquin yelp. The producers run out of the room just at that moment as well trying to separate the two. It's clear Joaquin is trying to protect me in this moment.