4

"They'lll see you now."

I walk into the management meeting. The first person I see is Augustin Mahn. Mahn is eating this shit up. It's clear I'm in trouble. I don't know how bad but I can look at the face on the Appletons and know that it has to be bad. The only one that even gives me the slightest smile when I walk into the room is Princess Matthews.

It's clear that I am in big shit.

"Let me get this straight," Mrs. Appleton looks at me with the hardest looking eyes, "You have been having an affair with your client for the past year. Your other client left. I want to know why Quest left."

I have to be honest at this point.

"Personal reasons."

"Personal reasons?"

"He doesn't want me marrying Joaquin," I state.

The Appletons both raise their eyes in concern.

It's Mr. Appleton who asks, "Is there something to that?"

"No. He's just been a friend of mine for a while and he's just upset that I didn't tell him about Joaquin and I?" I state.

"Do you realize how unprofessional this is?" Mrs. Appleton asks.

"Yes."

Quest left Miami and I haven't been able to contact him. We had another tour date in California and he just refused to show up.

Almost immediately Mahn is jumping in to add his two cents, "This is really a mess. There is a gossip site who just put up rumors that Joaquin and Quest had a big falling out in Miami. Once someone gets a hold of why..."

"No one will find out why," I state, "It was a private event."

"Yet here you are," Mrs. Appleton states.

Her husband is staying silent but Mrs. Appleton was a bitch with claws. I knew she would be the one mainly coming at me this meeting. Mahn seems more than happy to add fluid to the fire that is growing.

"I'll talk to Quest. I'll get him back on the tour," I state.

I just needed to somehow find him. I needed to be able to know where he was located. He has been dodging me. He hadn't answered any of my calls since he left Miami. Joaquin's dad had called the Appletons complaining about me. He wasn't a fan of his son being "taken advantage of" by ICM.

"And what about Joaquin? His father is threatening to sue us," Mrs. Appleton states, "Do you know that?"

"On what grounds?" Princess Matthews jumps in, "His grown son is sleeping with another grown man. I don't understand the basis of a lawsuit here."

I'm not surprised Princess is jumping to my aid. We have never had a personal conversation but I knew she was related to the same secret group that I was. I also knew that Princess Matthews was having an affair with Mr. Appleton. I look over at Mr. Appleton and how he reacts when Princess talks. He seems stuck between his bulldog of a wife and his mistress.

I wonder how this is going to turn out.

Mrs. Appleton is relentless. Her face wrinkles up at this point. She is almost hurling spit.

"It doesn't matter!" She goes off on Princess, "The fact that this man is talking will cause us issues. The fact that we have to cancel these tour dates because Memphis Hill can't keep his dick in his pants may cause us millions. Give us one reason we shouldn't fire you now."

She's talking about me as though I'm not here. At this point she is standing up screaming at the top of her lungs. I've seen this before when I was an intern. This is definitely nothing new. Her husband just nods his head in agreement usually. Usually everyone shuts up and takes it when Mrs. Appleton starts her screaming fests.