Part 3, Chapter 16- Weasley Wizard Wheezes

Start from the beginning

"ah good-morning students!" Professor Binns says as he floats into the room quickly. "I need textbooks out, ink pots open, quills at the ready because today we are starting the International Warlock Convention of 1298." He says in his very monotone voice.

George pushes me in the side with his elbow. "I need to share your textbook, I think I lost mine." He whispers.

"Mister Weasley, I would appreciate it if you will stay silent during my lectures. Unless of course you have a question." Binns turns around and looks at George, "Do you have a question?"

George clears his throat and I can feel the whole class prepare for his smart ass answer. "Not yet sir, but I promise you I'll come up with one by the time class is over." George winks at Binns and a few students snicker.

Binns ignores George's response. He then starts to drone on about the year 1298 and why it's an important part of the wizarding history or whatever it is that he's talking about. Now, normally I don't like cheating, never condone it, never done it in any of my classes. Except for this one maybe, if you consider using a bewitched quill to take your notes for you. I charmed it in first year after about three months of trying to keep up with Professor Binns lectures. My hand was stuck in the quill holding position for three days straight. It was a rather simple charm honestly, I'm surprised more people don't use it. The quill just copies down everything that it hears so as long as you're the only one talking then it's fine. Which is perfect in Binns class because everyone but him is fast asleep.

George slides my textbook closer to him and he writes a message on the edge of the page, Fred and I want to try out a new thing. I read his message about four times over and it still doesn't make sense. I look at George confused but he just smiles that wicked smile of his.

Fred turns around in his seat and George gives him the thumbs up. Fred then carefully tosses a small package onto Alex Reynolds, a Hufflepuff student, desk. Alex is a rather dopey boy, not very talented in any sort of magic or class that I'm personally aware of. All I do know is that he shares a dorm with Cedric and they appear to be friends. Alex without hesitation, opens the small package and puts whatever is inside, in his mouth.

George gets really excited, he writes on a separate page in my book, tried this one on Ron two weekends ago. Gotta try it on one more person before we know it really works.

"What are you-" I whisper but whatever it is that Fred gave poor Alex already has taken hold.

Alex jumps from his seat and screams. Causing Binns to turn around and gasp in horror at whatever it is that is going on, "Get out! Go! Go to the hospital wing right now!" Binns shouts.

Alex turns around and races to the door, and only then can I see what actually happened. Blood is streaming down Alex's nose very quickly. As he leaves the room, he leaves a trail of blood on the floor. The class erupts into laughter and just confused voices from every which way. Fred and George stand up and bow a little, which receives a round of applause from everyone except Binns and Cedric Diggory.

"Twenty points from Gryffindor. Each! And a detention for the both of you! Hexing students in my classroom. I have never." Binns says staring at Fred and George with pure anger.

"To be fair sir, we didn't hex him. We just fed him some of our nosebleed nougat! Sure to get you out of any of your classes in a pinch!" Fred says, pitching his idea to the class.

"Only three sickles a piece, get them before they're gone!" George finishes. The twins sit back down. George winks at me.

Binns looks shocked, but he doesn't say anything more on the situation. Instead he goes back to reading off his notes about the damn Warlock Convention.

When the bell rings everyone cannot wait to get out of Binns classroom. Emma stays back to talk to him about the extension for her composition.

"You're really funny aren't you?" Cedric says to Fred and George when we are out in the corridor. "Really just going to try some stupid little creation you two made up in your dorm on my friend like that?"

Fred and George look at each other, "You're right. It was stupid. You know what? I'll make you a deal. We won't pull crap like that again if you can tell which one of us is Fred. And which one of us is George." George says to Cedric.

Walter, Lee, and I stand behind the twins waiting for Cedric to say something. "Do it to the Ravenclaws next time is all I'm asking for." He says before walking off to his next class.

George turns and looks at me, "Works every time." He says with a wink. He takes my hand in his and squeezes it gently. "We better be off to potions. Snape isn't a fan of late comers."