two; snap out of it

It was a rainy day in Forks, one that would put anyone in a fairly foul mood

It was a rainy day in Forks, one that would put anyone in a fairly foul mood. Mainly because the sky was so grey that it made you wonder if it was ever a different colour. There wasn't even a white cloud in sight. It was all just grey. That was including the cloud that was floating above Delilah and Maya.

"The new girl." Maya took the cigarette out of her lips as she spoke, her eyes focused on the trees in front of her.

"Bella." Delilah knew that her sister knew Isabella's name, however she was just being awkward.

"Why'd you care?" Delilah paused her actions, her finger that was trying to light her cigarette paused for a small second, not long enough for Maya to notice. However she soon continued on with her actions.

"I don't. I just wanted to know who she was." The brunette paused as she took in the smoke from her newly lit cigarette, then letting it out and watching it float above her. "Does it really matter?"

"Yes, you normally don't care what people are called." A manicured hand reached up to pull the dark sunglasses down Maya's freckled nose, her eyes now focusing on her sister.

A small smirk appeared on the other girls pink lips "Thats not true and you know it. Just because you don't know all their names doesn't mean I don't."

This caused both girls to release a small laugh, before both raising their smoke back to their lips in perfect unison.

"Why do you know all their names?" Maya's voice no longer sounded as nice, only because she had cigarette smoke in her throat.

Delilah turned her body to face Maya, her hands wrapping around the smaller girls neck, making sure to keep the cigarette away from Maya. "Because Mai, if I didn't know their names then I wouldn't know their secrets. We can't all keep our status by dealing drugs."

That was the thing about Maya George, she didn't just take drugs, she also dealt them. Even though Delilah had told her many times that she was doing it completely wrong - if you're going to deal you can't take - she still did it. She didn't take them because she was trying to escape, she just took them because she could. Then she dealt them to make money, not that she needed it. It also gave her power over people in town.

Whereas Delilah George had a knack for manipulation, not that it was a good thing, but it meant she could always get what she wanted. Which gave her a certain power over everyone. The brunette was a sweet girl and she would always offer a smile to someone who needed it, however she wasn't afraid to make sure everyone knew that all she had to do was whisper a few things, and people's deepest secrets would be exposed.

Delilah and Maya didn't want to be this way. They actually wanted to be like everyone else at their school, but it just wasn't possible for them. They'd grown up in a house where they were taught that social status was more important than anything else. The influence that they had on the town always had to be maintained, no matter what.