fourty three; tears dry on their own

Delilah had made a few positive changes to her eternal life

Delilah had made a few positive changes to her eternal life. She'd recently been seeing Rosemary a lot more, and even though Delilah knew it wasn't fair to drag this relationship on, the blonde was making her smile again. Delilah had even met a few of Rosemary's friends. However, the most important change in her life was her new social side, which had happened due to joining the group 'Widows and Wines.'

Widows and Wines was a group full of mainly 50 plus year old women, with the old 20 year old (which was Delilah) and one gay man, apparently straight men weren't interested in a group where gossiping and drinking were the main objective.

"Hey Debbie, how's it cooking?" Delilah walked into the brown hall, a tub of cookies and a bottle of red wine in the other, greeting the first person she saw with a smile on her face. "Did you change your hair?"

Debbie, a middle aged woman who's husband passed away two years ago to an unexpected illness, smiled warmly at Delilah. While there was a rather large age gap between the two brunettes, they had grown rather close, and had even started referring to themselves as 'The Two Ds', which made Delilah glad she wasn't in high school anymore or her reputation would have been ruined. The other women at the group thought the name was rather funny, and had even noted how Debbie was just an older version of Delilah, and had even made bets that Delilah would look like Debbie when she was older. Delilah wished that bet would be proven some day.

But that was just a silly wish.

"I'm good," Debbie placed an arm around Delilah's waist once the younger girl stopped next to her, "I missed you last week."

"Aw I missed you too," Delilah squeezed her friends back slightly, "But I had to skip.... I met Mary's friends."

A high pitched noise came out of Debbie's lips, "You did?" She almost shouted, gaining the attention of a few of the other women.

"Yes," Delilah smiled shyly, which was very rare. "They're so nice. I was expecting them to grill me, you know? Like figure out if I was good enough for their friend or be a bit protective. But it was nothing like that! Sofia just wanted to figure out my whole zodiac chart, then she proceeded to figure out if me and Mary are compatible, luckily we are. Then she read my palm and stuff, apparently I'm going to live a long, fulfilling life and it will be full of love."

"Oh! Maybe I can meet Sophie, maybe she can tell me I won't be alone forever."

Delilah squeezed Debbie again, "You won't be alone forever. Not when I'm around to pester you."

The brunette smiled larger, "Tell me about her other friends."

"There's Iris, she has like five dogs and two parrots. And she had to show me every single picture of them in her camera roll. I swear I saw from Dino's birth to his death, it was like I knew that Dalmatian by the end."

"Dino the Dalmatian?"

"Yes. There's also Poppy the Pug, Mitchell the Miniature Sausage Dog- that would doesn't really go but-...... Bobert the Beagle-"