thirty seven; prisoner

While Delilah and Rosalie had professed their love for each other and were now on cloud nine, not everything was as smooth sailing for the couple

"You need to apologise."

The words caused laughter to bubble up from Delilah's throat there was no way she'd heard that correctly. "To whom?" She spoke as the pair walked back to the Cullen house from the woods.

"My family." Rosalie stated, her golden eyes focused on Delilah's figure.

Again, a laugh fell from Delilah's lips, "I don't apologise. You're the only person I'd ever apologise to." And maybe Bella, "It's not a very Volturi guard thing to do. Besides, why should I apologise? I didn't do anything wrong."

There were multiple things that Rosalie disagreed with in Delilah's sentence, but only one was worth talking about, "You aren't part of the guard."

"Yes I am." Delilah spoke as if it was the most obvious thing.

"No you are not." For some reason, Rosalie couldn't bring herself to accept that the girl she knew deep down was so caring and sweet, would be part of something so evil.

"I am." Delilah stared straight ahead, she wasn't bothered about many people's opinions anymore, but if there was one thing she cared about more than anything, it was Rosalie's opinion. She didn't want her to think that she was a bad person- even though arguably she was. "I'm quite possibly the best member."

"I doubt that when there's Jane."

"Please." Delilah scoffed, even though she knew Jane was far more valuable than herself, "Jane wishes she was me, she was so jealous of me."

"Did Jane like you?"

"Yeah, she was the Karen to my Regina." Arguably it was the other way round, depending on who you asked.

"I don't mean like that," Delilah stopped her walking through the woods, turning to look at Rosalie, "I mean did she like like you."

The words were almost enough for Delilah to burst out laughing. "Oh yeah, Jane really fancied me. In fact she was my new lover. I spent every night tangled up in her sheets."

Obviously the words were lies, it would be clear to anyone that it wasn't the truth, but apparently it wasn't to Rosalie, "What? How could you do that?"

It was so cruel, even crueler that Delilah got a slight kick out of it, "I'm kidding," She shoved an elbow into the brunettes side, "Duh." The angry face of Rosalie smoothed out, but Delilah could still sense a bit of jealously simmering behind it, "What about you, any new lovers while I was away?"

The blonde shrugged, a small smile making its way into her face, "If you count Desperate Housewives as a lover, then yes."

A squeal sounded from Delilah as her feet left the floor for a second, it was almost as if she was back to the human she used to be, "You've been watching Desperate Housewives? That's the best news ever! Who's your favourite character? You're such a Bree."