{7} Marvolo's Ring

STORM'S POV

Out of all the reasons I could have been woken up in the middle of the night, Albus knocking on the door was probably one of the worst, purely because it was him.

I was the only one who woke up, jolting awake at the first rap. I jumped to my feet and made my way towards the door, making sure not to step on Hermione and keeping one hand on the knife I had slipped out from under my pillow.

I opened the door just before he knocked again, my face falling into a scowl immediately and my tight on the knife tightening, although I didn't make a move to use it. Somehow I didn't feel like that would be well-received.

"What do you want?" I snapped.

"I require your assistance," he answered pleasantly.

I narrowed my eyes.

"No," I said.

"It's important."

"You say that about everything."

"No, I don't."

"Hmm, yes you do."

"Will you not even listen to what I have to say?"

"I did."

"Properly listen. You promised Artemis that you'd help, and this will make a big difference," he reasoned.

I rolled my eyes and glanced back at my sleeping roommates.

"Fine. You have two minutes."

"The whole story will take more than two minutes, but in short, I found where Voldemort's family ring is. Which, before you say anything, is important because it might be the key to defeating him."

"That's not the full story," I pointed out.

"No, but I'm hesitant to tell you the whole story here," he said, his eyes darting downstairs and then into the room beyond me.

"Are you trying to bribe me with the promise of information?" I asked.

"Perhaps."

"Well, congratulations. You've officially piqued my interest. Are we going now?"

"Yes."

"Give me a minute to change," I order, slamming the door in his face.

That felt nice.

I got changed in the dark into all black clothes, slipped on my boots, secured my necklace around my neck and just for good measure hid a few knives on my person.

It only took the promised minute, and then I was traipsing downstairs to find Albus chatting with Arthur Weasley over tea.

"Good, you're ready to go," Albus said, standing up, "Thank you for the tea, Arthur."

"Not a problem. Have fun, Storm," he said, smiling at me.

It wasn't reciprocated.

I stalked past both him and Albus and wrenched the door open, letting the cool night air flow into the room.

"What are you waiting for?" I asked pointedly.

Albus bid farewell to Arthur and followed me out into the night.

"How'd you figure that?" I demanded once the door was safely shut and we were on our way towards the boundary.

"Figure what, my dear?"

"First of all, never call me that again, second, the Weasleys letting you leave with me in the middle of the night. Seems a little suspicious, don't you think? They aren't the kind of people to let children walk into danger."