*S*I*X*T*E*E*N*

Calum went home that night and for the next week we hadn't spoke. We of course saw eachother but I tried to avoid conversation.

It was now Friday and everyone came round. We were playing board games and drinking.

"So are we going out tonight or should I just invite everyone over?", Hannah's asks me.

"I want to get dressed up to dance around my kitchen", I say.

"I agree", Michael nods. "I think we should invite people over tonight".

"Well I got things to do tonight so I'll see you all tomorrow", Calum grabs his jacket.

"Aw come on we can sort band stuff out tomorrow let's just chill tonight", luke says to Calum.

"It's not band stuff", he says. "It's a date". Don't look up. I pretend not to hear. I feel Hannah's eyes on me and I just act like nothing was said, I get up and go to the kitchen to pour a drink.

"Hey", I hear Calum come up to me. "I've missed talking to you". I miss you.

"Yeah well I've been busy so", I walk back to everyone. "I think I'm gonna chose an outfit", I say going to my room quickly. I shut my door and slump on my bed. God I miss him.

"Maddie?", it was Sierra. "Hey, you okay?".

"I'm fine", I say into my pillow.

"You want me to help you getting ready?". I don't answer. "Listen I know what you're feeling, it will pass. I promise. If you and are meant to be then it will happen".

"I miss talking to him but I know I can't talk to him because then all that will happen is us fighting", I say sitting up.

"You both need to talk properly. You love each other You can see it, maybe this break from each other is what you needed. I mean a lot happened last week. You're only that angry if you care".

"I do care. It doesn't matter anyway he's going on a date. I'll just let him move on", I go to my wardrobe. "I'll maybe move on tonight".

"You want help getting ready?".

"Yes please", I say. "I think I need to cry more though", I say choking up. "I just didn't expect him to say that", she hugs me. "I didn't expect it to be so quick".

"Well at least you won't see him with her tonight. You can just take your mind off it and dance with your friends", she comforts me. "It'll all work out in the end".

"I hope", I sigh wiping my tears.

"He asked me to give you this", she pulls out the necklace from her jacket pocket. "It's up to you if you wanna wear it".

"Yeah I'll wear it", I say putting it on. "He gave it to me when we were friends it's kind of a peace offering". I shrug.

"Okay let me see your clothes", she roots through. "Red? No. Ooo pink? No. Oh this is so nice you look amazing in this", she passes me the green dress and I just laugh. "What?".

"Nothing. Yeah okay I'll wear that", I smile throwing it on my bed.

Hannah and Crystal came in too and we all got ready together with champagne and music. Just what I needed.

——

"Come on let's get this girl out there", Hannah says after we finished taking pictures for an hour. We walk into the living room and it was full already.

"Maddie!", my friends greet me as I walk to the kitchen.

I get myself a drink and the boys come over. "She's ready!", Luke cheers.

"Ha ha", I say. "It's takes a long time to get rid of the mess behind me".

"You know you look beautiful", Michael says. "Come on guys let's play beer pong, it's the quickest way to get Maddie drunk".

"She's awful!", Sierra laughs.

"No way! The best I've seen", Ashton sticks up for me.

"Fine she's on your team".

We go over and set it up and I pour vodka in their cups without them noticing. "Ready?", I say smiling to myself.

"You can do it maddie!", Ashton cheers. I look at Luke's side and laugh as he tried distracting me. "Yes!", we cheer.

"That's just luck", Luke picks his drink up and downs it before spitting back in quickly. "You little bitch", he laughs.

"You gotta drink what's in the cup", I shrug. He shakes his head before drinking it back again. "Let's hope you're right and I'm actually terrible".

He was wrong. He had 4 left to get and I had 2. "Look who decided to show", Michael says and I look up. No please go away. "Who's this?".

"This is Rebekah". Calum says introducing his date. I ignore them and aim for the cup again but I miss. "You always were terrible". He jokes.

"I was actually doing great until you came", I say, I pick up my drink.

"Why don't we just say you win", Luke says. "I don't think I can drink another vodka shot".

I step back from the table and I look at Calum and he looks at me up and down. It was the dress. "Hi I'm maddie", I shake rebekahs hand. "Looks like you're the one looking after him when he's drunk. Be careful he's a groper", I comment with a laugh and go outside to talk with everyone else.

After dancing for a few hours I go back in to see Calum sat on his own. "She left", Hannah stands next to me. "She left after you went outside". We watch him look at his phone. "Talk to him".

"I can't".

"You can", she says. "Go". I take a deep breath and look at him before walking over and sitting next to him. He looks to me.

"Date didn't go well?", I ask.

"She left after you said I get gropey", he says and I try to hold back a laugh but I couldn't. I cover my mouth but then he starts to laugh. "I'm not a groper".

"No but it was funny", I look at him. He looks at my necklace and smiles.

"You're drunk aren't you".

"I'm happy".

"You wanna talk in your room?".

"Depends what it's about". I say.

"I just want us to move on", he says. "I want to be normal again instead of the tension between us every time we're in a room together".

"I've moved on if you have". He takes my hand.

"You wanna go for a late night drive? I haven't had a drink". He stands up and holds out a hand I take it and we go out of the house. Look at me. Following after him.

He drives away and down the quiet road we always drove down. We play the same songs we always played. Even though loving him hurts I don't care as long as we're talking again.

"Don't think I didn't notice your outfit", he says. "You always look beautiful in that dress".

"Do you mean it when you say that?".

"Of course I do, I always did".

"I bet the guys will be glad we're friends again", I say.

"Well I know I am".