*F*O*U*R*

I looked at him with tears eyes.

"You like it?". He asks me. I was currently sat on his sofa with him across me.

"Cal, I- i loved it i don't even know where you pulled those lyrics from". I say. "It's my favourite".

"You haven't heard the rest of the songs".

"I don't need to", I say. "Ooo does that mean you're showing me the album", I jump up.

"One week wildflower". He says.

"Where'd that come from?".

"I don't know, you've kinda made me think about a lot of stuff it just popped up". He shrugs sitting with me. I shift uncomfortably. "What? Why are you doing that".

"What?". I say doing it again.

"That", he laughs.

"I'm not. I'm fine", I stand up. "I think we should get back".

"You don't wanna know what I've been thinking about?", he asks. "I was thinking about what you wrote".

"No!", I shout stopping him and running out.

"Maddie!", I hear him follow me. "You can't run away from this".

"Yes I can", I shout back. "I think we could just never ever talk about it. I mean that was a while ago". I say as he catches up to me. "I don't like you like that Calum. No. I uh- that was a while ago but I- not now no". I say catching my breath from sprinting outside.

"You don't like me now?", he asks with a smile and I shake my head. "Not a tiny bit?".

"Nope. Uh in fact I'm actually seeing somebody", he fold his arms for me to carry on another my made up boyfriend. "Yes. He's really nice I just thought I'd keep it quiet for now".

"Name".

"Huh? Oh uhh it's John".

"John?". He scoffs. "And Johns in his 40s?".

"No he's 24". I say. Perfect now he's gonna tell everyone. "So yeah I think we should go back". I jump in his car and take a breath of relief.

"I'd like to meet this John. You know see if he's good enough for my best friend". He says starting the car.

If you've ever seen a guy start up a car you'll know the feeling I'm having right now. "Awww unfortunately John is out of town for business".

"What does he do?". He says pretending to be interested. "Business? Making up stories?".

"Okay! Calum okay. I know you know John is not a real person". I sigh. "Just shut up". I look out the window and see him look at me through the window.

"I wasn't doing it to be a dick", he says with a slight laugh pulling up to the house. "I just wanted you to be truthful".

"I can't", I stress over his calm voice. "I cannot speak to you about this".

"Why not!".

"I think we should break until you go on tour you know, it'll be good". I get out the car.

"What? What are you saying right now". He gets out too. "Stop running away! Stop! Just tell me what you think".

"I want us to take a break until after your tour I can't be around you Calum! You make me-", I stop my self.

"What?".

"You make me feel things that I've not felt for someone in a long time".

"And what's wrong with that?", he asks softly.

"I'm scared. Listen let's just go inside". I take his arm and he pulls it away.

"We're on a friendship break didn't you forget?", he says going back in his car.

"Cal I didn't mean that", I go to his window. "Come on of course I want to be your friend".

"Yeah. Well maybe I don't want to be friends", he starts the car and reverses.

"Cal! Don't. I'm not gonna see you for months let's not leave it like this". I say and he just looks at me with my face sad. He looks for a while. "Cal?".

"See you", he says driving away. What did I just do.

"Maddie what happened?", I hear Luke. "Wheres he going?". I turn around and wipe a tear away.

"We aren't friends". I say and he just hugs me. "It's my fault, I should of just been honest".

"Come on let's go in". He says and we go back to everyone.

"Wheres Cal?", Hannah asks.

"He's gone home", I say. "What are we playing?".

"Maddie What happened". She says.

"Huh? Nothing nothing, he just needed space". I smile. "Hope you guys don't mind but I'm gonna go to my room. I'm not feeling too well".

"Aw Come on mads", Ashton says.

"Don't worry you'll have fun without me", I say. I grab a bottle of water and go to my room turning on the tv.

I can't believe I said that to him. I can't believe I left my diary lying around. Why didn't I just tell him? Am I that scared of a relationship? Calum's different I know that.

——

I hadn't spoke to Calum for a month and it's time for there tour. The album released and they did performances everywhere a huge success.

"I can't believe you guys are going for 4months", I pout. "You have to get us something from each and every place you go Okay?".

"I promise to get you hundreds of keychains", Michael says. "You not saying good bye to Calum?".

"He won't want to hear it". I say. "Anyway, you guys. Stay safe and I hope you have the best times of your lives".

"I'm gonna miss you", Hannah says kissing Ashton.

"I guess I'll see you in 4 months" I say to Luke.

"Don't cry when we leave", he warns. "You always cry and it makes not wanna go".

"I'm not-". I hold my breath. "I'm not crying". I cry.

"Right we're leaving now!", Luke grabs his suitcase and I hug everyone. "I'll text you when we land". He says and then they left.

"It's quiet". Hannah says.

"So quiet".