Chapter 14

In a small clearing, there was Wangji, Wuxian with his sister, Zixuan, his cousins but also the disciples of Jin clan and Madame Jin herself with her escort. There seemed to be some heated tension between Wuxian and Zixun.

"Today is a big day for the Crowd Hunt. You are really in the centre! 30% of pray has been captured by you. Aren't you proud of yourself?"

"30 per cent?" Wangji asked.

"Hanguan Jun, you may not know yet. We were hunting in the hunting grounds just now. After quite a while, we found it surprising that none of the prey was in the hunting ground. Yes, after asking Lianfang Master in the hunt watching stand, we came to know that within 30 minutes with a sound of a flute that came from Phoenix mountain almost all pray walked into the nets of the Jiang clan one by one to sacrifice themselves. Wei Wuxian, you are so selfish and never think about the others. Using wicked tricks, aren't you proud?"

Zhouan having enough, walked towards them. "I do not see how his actions are considered selfish," she said, drawing everyone's attention. "Unless you want to blame the Lei clan for getting 3% of the prey so far" this rose murmurs as she came to a halt. "Are you also planning to accuse us of using wicked tricks?"

"Lei Zhouan. You stay out of this" Zixun said and her eyes turned cold.

"You are in no position to talk to me like that boy," she said her back straight and her head held high. "Madame Jin, forgive me but is this how someone of your noble blood should act? I find it disrespectful using such tone as if I was a mere discipline. Jewu Jun simply spoke such highly of your family as did Grandmaster Lan of course"

The woman immediately turned to her nephew. "Jin Zixun, enough. Show some respect and apologise. This is now how you speak to the future wife of the Lan Clan leader"

Zhouan smirked, seeing how flustered Zixun was and the words he wanted to alter but he didn't dare. She didn't like to use that card but felt it was needed.

"She is not his wife yet," he said, trying to come above.

"My apologies. It looks like you were not informed of the wedding which will take place in less than a month from now. I am sure, Young Master Jin is aware. After all, he is invited"

Zixun looked at his cousin who gave a nod, feeling completely humiliated at learning the news this way and of course, at the fact that she proved he was not invited to a historical event.

He stayed silent, trying to say something but Zhouan's smirk and his aunt's glare were preventing him. Wuxian, then, decided to simply stop enjoying the moment and defend himself properly.

"Wicked tricks? You Jins have said that in the hunt, capability talks. Why you betray your own words?"

"What you practised is just wicked tricks, not your own capability. You can do more but play your flute. How can it be called a capability?"

"I didn't play any wicked tricks. Why can it not be my own capability?" Zixun glared and Wuxian simply offered him his flute. "Or you can play the flute. Let's see if anything will follow your sound"

"You break rules. It isn't any better than playing dirty tricks!"

"Fine" puts his flute behind his back. "If I do not know what's called a capability then please show me yours. Astonish me please"

"You!"

Zhouan watched in silence, almost being able to see the anger coming from the spoiled Jin discipline. Ming looked at her, her eyes pleading for her to interfere as she was afraid a fight would start.

Suddenly, Zixun started to laugh and folded his hands in front of his chest. "It's understandable that you don't know you are wrong. It's not the first time that you have broken the rules. Last time, at the Floral Buquet and this time in the Hunt, you never carry your sword. At such a solemn occasion, you know nothing of etiquette. Where do you place us those who participate with you?