Chapter 4

Reaching the base of the Mount, they were told to scatter and search for a cave while Wen Chao messed around with the woman. Wuxian and Chang stopped looking and glared at the man who had no shame in teasing and kissing the woman, showing no care in the world as well.

"They are shameless" the younger one commented. "Look at him. What a disgrace"

Wuxian scoffed and chuckled. "Have you heard the saying 'A whore with a troll, everlasting couple'? I suppose, this is what it means"

"Where do you hear some slang like that from?"

The teen stayed quiet for a moment. "It doesn't matter. It just suits here" he then turned to leave only to spot once he spotted Wangji.

He was limping and taking it slowly, his face stoic but his body gave away the damage that had happened to his leg. Zhouan was by his side, slightly supporting him while talking to him in a faint whisper.

He often wondered what kind of connection they might have, not failing to see them coming and leaving together but also some familiarity. Did he feel jealous? Slightly as he recalled Huaisang words.

"She is promised to someone, but no one knows who?"

Could that someone be Wangji? He suspected but she seemed to be older than him if not the same age and couldn't exactly suspect a marriage taking place between them. He tried to hold such thoughts in his mind and decided to ask some questions if he ever got the chance.

Now, he was more worried about his limping soulmate. Cheng who noticed his look and on who, quickly realised what was going on in his mind. He grabbed his hand before he could go to the duo. "Where do you think you are going now? Go help him again? Don't be so reckless. After all, Lei Zhouan is helping him, why must you also go?"

Wuxian left out a sigh. "Did I not tell you already what happened to the Lans? Take a good look at his leg. These days we have been running around, his injury must have aggravated. Lei Zhouan is helping him but she is also close to her limits. If I don't go and help them, he will lose his leg"

"That is enough, Wei Wuxian. You have helped him enough. He is probably not going to let you get close to him"

"What he thinks is his business. What I do, is my business. Plus, he is not going to choke me to death if I grab him and carry him on my back"

"It is hard enough to take care of ourselves already. We do not have the energy to deal with someone else's trouble"

Wuxian freed himself from his grin gently and held his hand in return. "Firstly, it is not something trivial. And secondly, someone should cope with the situation" he then walked towards the duo.

Noticing him, Zhouan smiled and let go of Wangji's hand. Even though they had stopped walking, she was supporting him. Already seeing clear as day the relationship between the two; she decided not to intervene.

"Lan Zhan, Lei Zhouan" he called them.

"Wei Wuxian" she greeted back. "I am going to help search for this cave, in hopes we will end this fast. Make sure he doesn't worsen his injury" she said and motion for Wangji.

Wuxian chuckled. "Leave it to me"

She smiled and marched away, trying her best to save her own powers.

===============

Soon, they were back on track; not letting anyone rest. As per usual, Wangji was at the very back with Zhouan supporting with Wuxian walking by his other side. Watching his soulmate struggled, an idea popped into his mind. Using a simple talisman, he projected a paper with his words which were faintly expressed to Lady Wen.