Chapter 6

One year later....

One year it's been one year of Ibrahim's marriage. They also have a beautiful baby boy Alyan Ibrahim Niazi who is only a month old and in only one month he has become the light of the Niazi mension everyone adores him.

After 3 months Summi also got married and now she was Summaiya Zuhad Khan. As Zuhad wanted a very simple and decent wedding so they had their nikkah done in masjid and rukhsati after the nikah and the next day reception. Zuhad lives in Islamabad and was a renound businessman there so after rukhsati Summi had to shift to Islamabad. She had come to Karachi to see her nephew.

In this one year one more thing happened. After Abi's function ended everyone from the family went to their respective homes. Zulqarnain went back to Islamabad and Quraishi sahab took the flight to Canada but Haider stayed back as he was planning to launch a branch of his business in Karachi and now he was living with his chachu.

As Abi and summi were married soha had no one to share her thoughts and problems with. On the other hand Haider had no one to help him out with small things like tea. He usually gets late at night so he can not ask his chachi for food that late. Soha noticed this and offered to help him while Haider would listen to her, whenever she needs someone to share anything with Haider was the first one she goes to now. There bond was getting stronger day by day.

Soha believed that Haider would never hide anything from her and Haider lieing to her didn't exist. Amongst everyone Haider was closest to soha's heart even closer than Abi and her own father but little did she knew that he will also be the first one to shatter her believe in him.

It was a fine day in Karachi. The whole Niazi mension was filled with aroma of various delicious dishes. Soha thought that probably someone was coming to see her baby nephew but actually they were coming for her.

Soha's mother gave her a dress and told her to wear it later her bhabhi comes to her room and did light makeup. Summi knew that Soha will never allow her to do her makeup but Soha can never say no to her bhabhi. It was weird for her as she always did her minimal makeup in gatherings like these so why proper makeup now?

Everything was set the guests were also here. Soha was told to watch Alyan so she was in Ibrahims's room, glad that it was not important to be there. She was soo lost looking at Alyan peacefully sleeping that she didn't noticed her bhai that was standing there looking at her.

"What happened bhai essay kio dekh rahe hain?" Soha asked

"Nothing.... Let's go everyone is waiting for you and let me take him" Abi said

Picking Alyan in his arms he wrapped the other one around soha now she was more confused.

When they entered in the room everyone looked at her which made her awkward. She looked down and offered her Salam. The guests which were coming were only her baba's best friend along with his son which was sitting next to him and the other side was empty.

"Ajao beta come sit with me" Mr. Malik asked her.

She looked at everyone not getting a single thing. With slow steps she went towards him and sat there. They all talked a bit more than Malik sahab asked if they can do the engagement. As soon as he said that soha's eyes went towards her baba who gave his approval. Then she looked towards Abi he was busy with Alyan at last she looked at Haider with a hope that he will say her to move from there as the bride has to sit there but his face was straight without any expression. Summi came forward with rings the boy move forward and took the engagement ring out from the box and forwarded his other hand towards her.

Soha was numb her mind was not registering anything it was as if she lost her senses. She can't believe that her baba can do this to her or Abi and Haider can let her engagement happen like that. Summi nudged her still no response. Summi lifted her hand and placed it in the boy hands and he slid the ring in her finger. Then Summi gave her the ring she was just looking at her with blank face but one call from her baba and she knew that she had to do it. It was not a request it was an order a command and just being an obedient daughter she did what she was told to do. Soha slid the ring in his finger. Everyone clapped congratulated them. Her mama came forward to feed her sweet. Soha could not hold her tears anymore and she was getting suffocated there so when everyone was busy she left. It was too much for her to handle she could not believe that they did this to her.

Haider saw her escaping he also left only to go and calm her. He knew that she was feeling betrayed but there was nothing that he could do. It was meant to happen the engagement was meant to happen Soha was to marry Taimor as his chachu had given his words to Mr. Malik. He knew about this when Malik sahab asked for soha's hand in marriage for his son he was there but he couldn't do anything as it was just a few days after Summi's nikkah. At that time he didn't knew that he will grow some strong feelings towards soha.

Haider was standing at her door but he didn't have the courage to knock on that door. The door which he never hesitated to knock for anything but today it was different. After a lot of courage he knocked but didn't get any answer. He knocked thrice knowing that she is inside he opened the door and went in. It was there thing that they will knock and if the other doesn't reply then they knock thrice and after that they come in. She was standing near the window looking outside with a blank face.

Soha knew that it was Haider, only she and Haider did this knocking thing so without turning towards him she asked only one thing that was in her mind.

"Kio?" (Why)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Assalamualaikum everyone.
Belated Eid Mubarak ❤️
Hope you had a great Eid.

Han to Bhai aik saal ka leap aagaya hai I thought it will be good to fast forward a little bit. So Haider has realized that he has some sort of feelings for soha but damnnn soha is really pissed now 😬 be careful buddy 😂....

Until next time....... Allah Hafiz ❤️