"I see, she really belongs to you," Dino laughed devilishly as he looked his rival dead in the eye.

"Let her go, she's just a civilian," it now came from Donghyuck, whose expression was darker than ever.

His entire aura radiated nothing but danger and unpredictability as he pointed his own gun in my and Dino's direction.
My whole body was covered in goose bumbs, as his sinister gaze tried to find its way into my soul.

"She wouldn't be so fucking important to you if she was just a simple passerby."

Dino let his head fall amusedly into his neck, a malicious laugh leaving his lips while he strengthened the grip around my neck.

Frustration slowly crept up in myself and I noticed my chest rising and falling rapidly while my fingernails bore into the palm of my hands.
I couldn't do anything about my miserable position because of the gun that was pointed directly at head.

In spite of two years of fighting lessons and strength training I was standing here now and was petrified.

I felt ridiculous and helpless.

"Let her go", Donghyuck hissed again, this time even more serious and threatening than before.

His eyes sparkled almost as dark as the pitch black nightsky, while he tried to kill Dino with only his ominous gaze.

"I think in this particular situation I'm the one with the right to give orders, don't you think? Put your gun on the ground and tell your men to get out of here or else I will blow her fucking head off."

"You wouldn't dare."

"You think so?"

Not a second later he hit me in the head with the back of his gun, whereupon I started to whimper loudly.
If that asshole hadn't grabbed me by the throat, I think I would have fallen to the floor from that violent and extremely painful knock.

I coughed out fiercely as I tried to stand on my wobbly feet and get air inside my lungs despite my throat being literally crushed by the person behind me.

I would be lying if I said that I did not feel any fear at that moment.

I quickly tried to get a hold of myself again and looked back into Donghyuck's troubled eyes, as I still tasted the blood that was lingering on my tongue from my wounded lip.

"Drop the gun", Dino threatened once more, my classmate pressing his lips to a narrow line.

I could see the muscles in his face twitch for a brief second and I immediately knew that he was about to surrender.
The barrel of his gun lowered a little, but I couldn't let him act any further.

"Hey Lee!" I croaked with the last bit of air in my lungs as my eyes pierced right into his own.

Without noticing, a slight grin crept into my face as I let my memories pass in my head and winked at the boy a few meters front of me.

"Kinda kinky, don't you think?"

The corners of Donghyuck's lips were instantly drawn into a mischivious smirk as well.

"Fuck, that was cringey", he laughed amused, but nodded affirmatively at me, quickly raising his gun right after.

As if a switch in my head had suddenly flipped, my survival instinct finally kicked in and pumped every bit of adrenaline into every corner of my own body.

Even before I could think about my actions one last time, I reached out with my head as far as I could and hit it as hard as possible against the forehead of the boy behind me.

Immediately the boy stumbled backwards, overwhelmed by the sudden and intense headbutt, giving me the chance to sprint off with a painful throbbing head as well.

Luckily Donghyuck had understood what I had tried to tell to him with the insider right away, which is why he was able to give me backup the second I started running.

It was weird and unexpected, but we acted like one heart and soul in this one particular moment.

So I kept on running forward while everything around me slowly faded away - the new sounding of gunshots, the sudden and loud shouts of different people and the echoing footsteps, which were right on my heels.

I heard nothing but my own racing heartbeat, leading me to none other than Lee Donghyuck.

Sorry that it took so long for me to upload this chapter 😅

I was eating cake while watching stray kids videos so I was kinda distracted🙈😂

Hope u likes the chapter tho😊💕
Have a great day