Chapter 18

-edited-

I'm yours.

T A E H Y U N G

I drove to our mansion, good thing there was no traffic. I parked my car outside as the butlers came out one by one. I got out of my car and was greeted by their warm smiles.

"Welcome home, master." they bowed.

I bowed back and walked in. "Master, your Mother is waiting for you at the garden." Helena, our maid said. I nodded in response and walked to the garden with heavy footsteps.

The mansion did not seem to change, expensive paintings are still hanged on the wall, my Mom's vases are everywhere..and it still smells like home. Once I arrived, I saw my Mom sitting at the garden peacefully watching the birds drink in the mini pond.

I walked to her, "Mom." I called. She looked at me and smiled, "Son, you're here." she stood up and walked to me giving me a big hug. "Take a seat." she said which I did.

"What is it that you want to talk about?" I asked. She sipped her tea and looked at me. Her eyes were serious, which made me nervous. "Tae.." she whispered. I gulped, knowing this would be a bad news for me. The atmosphere was tense, and she was quiet.

She looked down, looking as if she's hesitating whether she'll tell me or not. My eyebrows arched, "Mom, tell me." I said. "U-uh, well..I made an agreement—" I stopped her.

"What agreement?" I asked. "You have to marry Eunha, Tae. That's the only solution to our company's problem." she said. My ears rang from what she said. I was red all of a sudden, anger rushed through my veins.

I threw the teacup on the floor, which made my Mom yelp. "Marry?! What bullshit is that, Mom?!" I yelled. "T-tae, please understand.." her voice was low. "No, Mom! I am not marrying anyone I don't even know!" I exclaimed.

"Tae..please! For your Dad's business!" she pleaded. "Mom, there are a lot of ways to get Dad's business back to what it was before! This idea is absurd!" I yelled. "There's no way Tae, there's none! I'm sorry but you have to do this!" she said.

"There's no fucking way I'm marrying her." I said. She closed her eyes and massaged her temples, "If it's not Eunha, then who are you going to marry? Your hypocrite ex girlfriend?!" she bursted.

I scoffed, "You don't even know Lisa, yet you judge her like you're her Mom. And yes, I'm gonna marry her whether you'll like it or not." I walked out, but she stopped me.

"Lisa?! Tsk. She's a bad influence, Tae! Grow up! Eunha is better than her." she exclaimed. I did not reply, instead I just walked to the door. "If you marry her, you have no mother to go back to." I heard her say before I closed the door.

I sighed and wiped my tears.

Lisa, help me.

I left the mansion with heavy steps. This time, I wanna become selfish. I want to pick what's making me happy, not what's making other people ecstatic. I don't wanna live like that anymore.

And Irene. . .she was one of those people who tried to control me. I don't even love her in the first place, it's just that, this loneliness I feel. . .I want it to go away.

I want it to fade.

And Lisa's the only person who had the ability to make it disappear in a split second. She is mine, she's my woman. Possesive you might say, but she's what I want. She's all I need.