Chapter 6

Niall, Maya, and I still hadn't finished our essay after class that morning when Mr. Lynch gave us time to work on it. We had an idea of how we wanted to write it, but we took to long to figure everything out being that it was really awkward between the three of us. I was still mad at Niall about yesterday in the hallway, and he seemed really unsure of how to act around me. Also, I didn't really know how to act around Niall because of my discovery of his list of fears last night. I didn't want to openly tell him that I found it right in front of Maya. But I also didn't know if he already knew somehow that I had found it because he put it right on the notes we made that I would obviously look at. I decided that I would wait until tonight and talk to him. We were all meeting at my dorm to finish the essay anyways, so I would wait until Maya left and then talk to him. I needed answers.

After all my classes, I went back to my dorm to clean up a bit before Niall and Maya came. When I walked into my dorm, it was spotless. All of my clothes were put away, my bed was made, and my trash was emptied. I'm what you might call a neat freak. I mean I'm not a full blown germaphobe, but I do like to keep organized. I think I have a bit of OCD too, but that's okay. I straightened out the blankets on my bed, and made room for us to sit and do the essay. I took out my contacts and slid on my glasses. I pulled up my hair in a ponytail. Instead of changing into sweats, I stayed in my clothes I was wearing because I didn't want to look like a complete bum. I grabbed a soda from my mini fridge and then sat down with my laptop. I brought up the notes with Niall's fears on it and read them over again. I got lost in thought when a knocking on my door shook my out of it. I got up and answered the door.

"Hey Maya. Come on in." I said. I opened the door wider and she walked in.

"Wow, you have your own dorm?" she said, looking around and clearly seeing only one bed. She went an sat down on it.

"Yeah, but I paid extra for it, and it's not as big as the ones you have with a roommate." I explained as I went over and sat down next to her.

"Why didn't you want a roommate?" she asked.

"I didn't want to take my chances of getting some creep as my roommate, or even worse someone who is disorganized that I would have to clean up after all the time." I expained some more.

"Oh I get it. So you're like major OCD?" she laughed.

"I wouldn't say major, but it gets pretty bad at times." I laughed too.

"Well, I have a roommate and she's great. We get along really well."

"Guess you got lucky. My best friend Sara got stuck with some goth chick named Erin who goes out and parties all the time and gets drunk."

"That's awful. If I were her, I'd come stay here with you." she smiled.

"Yeah well, Erin is never there anyways. She's always at her boyfriend's place. God knows what she does there." I said, and we both laughed. Just then there was knock on my door. I got up to answer it, knowing it would be Niall.

"Hey." he said when I opened the door.

"Hey. Come on in." he walked in and sat down in my desk chair. I took my seat next to Maya again.

"So, should we start working?" Maya asked.

"Yeah." I said opening up my laptop. I had to make sure Maya didn't see what Niall wrote on the notes because I didn't want her to know if Niall only meant for me to see it. We started working on the essay. We all threw out ideas for what to write and I finalized it on the laptop. Once we finished that, I went back and read it out loud to them so that we could hear if there was anything we wanted to change. Once we edited it, I put our names on it and printed it out. I grabbed the paper off the printer and stapled it together. I sighed.