Chapter 4

During classes the next day, I didn't even pay attention that much. Niall had been taking over my mind and my thoughts completely. He was so open last night at dinner, yet still reserved from me. Everything he told me last night about his dad I never would have guessed. Then I found myself telling him about my mom. Even though he told me so much last night, I was still having trouble trusting him. I didn't want to let him into my life too quickly if that's what I was doing.

After our first class period together he caught up with me in the hallway.

"Hey Ella." He said.

"Hey." I said. I could feel eyes on us in the hallway as we walked together. This is what stunk, everyone knows who Niall is and they know how he treats girls, so whenever people see a girl with him they always have to attract their attention to her. It's like they are scared for her, or sorry for her almost. That's probably what they were feeling for me. You could tell from the look on their faces, but I didn't like the staring.

"What's up?" He asked me.

"Okay can I clarify something."

"Okay?"

"Last night didn't change anything. Sure it was a nice night, but I still hate your guts." Niall smiled.

"Alright." He said in a non believing tone.

"It's true, I still hate you."

"Whatever gets you through the day. But I think you might hate me a little less. " He said before walking out of the building, leaving me in the hallway. He seriously didn't believe that I hate him.

******************

I ignored Niall the rest of the day, and made it through without him saying anything to me. I saw him trying to make eye contact with me during last class but I kept my focus forward and away from him. I kind of felt bad ignoring him after everything last night, but I told him stuff too. Also, I didn't want him thinking that he could instantly become my best friend just after one dinner.

After last class ended, I rushed out of the classroom to avoid anything with Niall, and I practically ran to my dorm. I got started on my homework right away because Sara and I were going out to the movies tonight. An hour went by, and I still had a little bit of homework to do. As I was just starting on my last assignment my phone buzzed next to me. I looked at my phone and it said I had a text message from an unknown number. I opened it and read it.

'Hey Ella, it's Niall.'

What? How did he get my number? I didn't know if I should text him back or not. I really wanted to know how he got my number so I did.

'How did you get my number?'

He responded right away

'Sara gave it to me.'

Why would Sara give it to him? She's the one trying to get me away from him.

'Why would she give it to you?'

'I told her we were friends so she gave it to me.'

'Why would u say we are friends? We r not friends.'

I knew it was harsh but he needed to see that I still hated him and last night didn't change that.

'Why were u avoiding me?'

'Because u don't understand that I don't like you.'

'You love me don't deny it.'

'Yeah u wish, but seriously, I don't think us being friends is such a good idea, so it's best I stay away.'