Chapter 5

I ended up sleeping over at Sara's dorm that night so I wasn't lonely. After the movie we went back to my dorm, grabbed my overnight stuff and school things, and then we went to her dorm. Sara had a roomate, but she was never there because she was either out partying or sleeping at her boyfriends place. She was some freaky goth chick named Erin. So I stayed over at Sara's dorm a lot. We stayed up talking for awhile, but soon Sara fell asleep while I was telling her about one of my classes. I don't blame her though, it was a boring topic. I wasn't very tired, and it was only around 10:30. I decided to stay up and go on my phone for a bit. I checked my twitter and Instagram before receiving a text from Niall.

'Im sorry about earlier.'

'What did you want me to say?'

'That you'll give me a chance.'

'I need more than a love confession to prove that u even deserve a chance.'

'I can change. I know u think I'm a player, but I can be better.'

'You're gonna have to prove it.'

'I will, for you.'

I didn't answer, so he texted me goodnight but I didn't respond. I locked my phone, put it on the dresser and got under the covers. I pulled than up to my chin and closed my eyes. I didn't fall asleep for awhile. I just let my thoughts wander, until they found the thought of Niall, and stayed on him as I fell asleep.

*************************************

Sara and I walked to our first classes together the next morning. Her first class was closer to her housing building than mine was, so when she left to go into the building of her first class, I was left to walk alone. As I was walking, someone came up next to me.

"Hey Ella." I turned my head to see it was Maya walking next to me.

"Oh, hey Maya..." I said. I was a bit confused because we hadn't talked since last year when I tried to comfort her in the bathroom after what Niall did to her. It was strange that she would come up to me and say hi.

"How are you?" she asked a little awkwardly.

"Um, I'm okay. How about you?" I was still a bit confused.

"Good, good."

"That's...good." this conversation was off to an awkward start.

"So....are you and Niall like....? " she seemed afraid to say the words.

"No! No, absolutely not." I let out a small laugh.

"Oh, okay good. I just see you guys together a lot. Tons of people think you are "dating".' She made air quotes with her hands.

"Oh, um yeah. I mean, we went to dinner once. It was nothing. I'm acually trying to avoid him at this point."

"I would to."

"I don't want to be his next victim if you know what I mean." Of course she knows what I mean. I'm so stupid.

"Yeah. My advice would just be to stay away. I mean, you remember last year."

"Yeah." I nodded.

"I'm sorry for that, by the way. I shouldn't have snapped at you. I know you were just trying to help."

"It's alright." I said.

"Thanks for at least trying to help, even if I was being a bitch." I laughed.

"You had a right to be." we both laughed. We walked and talked until we got to the building of our first class. It was nice to talk to Maya again after all this time. We walked in to the classroom and walked up the stairs. We sat next to each other today, and we sat away from where Niall's usual seat was. About a minute before the bell rang, Niall walked in rubbing his eyes, his blonde hair looked like a tornado went through it, and his clothes were all wrinkled and disheveled. He clearly put no effort into his appearance today. His eyes connected with mine and his face lit up a bit. He looked away and began climbing up the stairs, to his usual seat, but he turned into the row behind me and Maya and sat directly behind me. I stared straight ahead, not knowing if I should turn around and say something, or just ignore him. I looked to Maya next to me, who was already looking at me with wide eyes. I shrugged my shoulders and looked back at her. She seemed to get the message that I didn't know what to do. She shook her head slowly, telling me to just ignore him. The bell rang then and Mr. Lynch walked in.