"Caroline, sweetheart, I'm only interested in yours." Rebekah started. "Your spunk, your popularity. You are quite intriguing, I like some of your clothes as well." She glanced at Tyler, who was practicing on the field. She held no true interest in Tyler, but she was riling up the blonde. "Maybe even your boyfriend."

Caroline walked off as Tyler compelled the coach. Rebekah tilted her head, listening to the football team talk about her. She stood up, then did the same series of tricks she did the last time, ending in a front split. She turned to Caroline and Tyler with a small smile.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Rebekah was internally panicking. She had forgotten that Katerina, now known as Katherine, was waking her father. The save Elena gang were also trying to find a way to get rid of her, but she had a plan for that one.

Her mother was also a pain in the ass from the other side. Matt Donovan, a tennager she used to have a crush on who also murdered her brother, was seeing and talking to his dead sister. Vicki had been convinced by her mother to kill Elena so Klaus couldn't make more hybrids, which pissed Rebekah off greatly.

She had skipped the party she went to last time, along with the awful flirting with Damon. She knew what she had missed, but she was preparing to face her father again. He had been defeated, twice, and now she would have to talk to him again.

She was in her home, rather than at the Salvatores. There would be ghosts in Mystic Falls in the matter of hours, and she was less than prepared.

The next day, she walked through town as casually as possible. She had killed many people, she didn't know if any ghosts would be coming for revenge. She got a cup of coffee from a small shop like she had the past few mornings, walked out the shop after paying and froze when she saw someone from her human life waiting for her across the street. Rebekah took a deep breath before making her way to the bench, sitting beside the figure.

"Rebekah Mikaelson," She greeted softly. "It's been a while."

"It has." Rebekah agreed.

"Your mother has gathered quite the following." She started. "Some worship her, some fear her. Others find her idiotic."

"My mother is many things, but idiotic is not one of them." Rebekah told her, before turning her head slightly. "Why did you come find me, Ayana?"

"Did you know that theoretically, if the other side were to collapse, many would perish. I would not be one of them." Rebekah looked over, her eyes widening. Ayana smiled, placing her hand over Rebekah's. "I have watched your family for many years, Rebekah. I've known you all since childhood, I know you all well. I also know you are not in your time."

Rebekah shook her head. "I'm from far in the future, Ayana. I lost everyone but Kol and Hope."

"How did it come to that?" Ayana did not question who Hope was, but instead ran her thumb over Rebekah's hand.

"I lost Finn first. I missed him, I still do, but I did not mourn for long. I lost Kol next, I cried for weeks. Nik wouldn't talk to me and Elijah was my only comfort. Then I lost Kol again, because of Finn. He came back, then Finn died." Rebekah squeezed Ayana's hand. "I lost Elijah and Nik on the same day. Nik sacrificed himself to save Hope, Elijah didn't want to live without Nik."

Rebekah paused, trying to decide to tell Ayana about Freya or not. "Freya was killed by a group of witches who believed they could eliminate the rest of the original family."

"So you know about Freya?"

"It was nice to have a sister." Rebekah nodded. "It was just Freya, Kol and I that were there for Hope. They killed Freya and it was only Kol and I. I died next, I said goodbye to Kol and Hope."

"But your story did not end there," Ayana stated, her hand still in Rebekah's.

"No. I wanted to save my family. I couldn't save them the first time. So I prayed to come back. Vampires had pretty well died out. Witches and wolves both believed themselves superior, I don't know who sent me back, but I'm glad they did."

Ayana hummed, turning back to face the street in front of them. "Your mother is trying to come back."

"I know everything that happens for the next century, Ayana. My mother is a sneaky one, but I've done this once, I can do it again."

Ayana smiled softly. "There's the girl I used to look after."

Rebekah stood up, pulling Ayana with her before wrapping her arms around the Bennett.

"They have almost found the carvings and the necklace. They will know the truth and I will be gone soon."

Rebekah nodded, holding onto Ayana tighter. "Thank you for always looking after us."

Ayana kissed the top of Rebekah's head. "I've been doing it for over a thousand years, I will do so until they say I can not anymore."

And so Rebekah Mikaelson held onto Ayana Bennet until the moment she disappeared.

・゚: *・゚:*
AUTHORS NOTE
so here's chapter three of over again! The inspiration for this story hit me all of a sudden, so here's an update. Some scenes are skipped over, some just didn't happen. It's starts to go off canon majorly once klaus comes back to town. I've also gotten a few questions about parings for my Rebekah stories. I've posted this on my message board, but as of right now rebekah will have no set paring in either. Rebekah's main priority in both is to save her family.

I also started rereading percy jackson the other day, and I have some tvd/pjo crossover ideas!! I don't know if I'll actually write them as full stories, but I wrote down all the ideas so I can try and make a plot out of it!

what were your thoughts on this chapter? feedback is always appreciated

QUESTIONS FOR THIS STORY
when should Rebekah tell klaus about her being from the future? I think I want him to know before homecomings but I'm not sure yet.
when should Rebekah tell the rest of the family? I think I know when she'll tell Finn, but I heed suggestions for the others!

As always, I'm open to suggestions on what you guys want to see. You can send ideas through pms or in the comments!

 You can send ideas through pms or in the comments!