~•¥Chapter Seventeen¥•~

Y/N's POV

My head is foggy when I reach the bottom of the ladder. Dabi holds out a cup of coffee for me, nodding to the seat beside him. Honestly, it feels like a weight is lifted off of me when I see him. I knew it was just some dream, but that didn't lessen my anxiety. Why did that nightmare bother me so badly anyways? It's not like that trip to the amusement park meant anything. We were both clearly intoxicated.

  Quietly, as if not to be seen, he slips his hand under the counter and grabs ahold of my littlest finger with his own.

  At least he's with me now.

With a pounding head, I take slow sips of the warm drink one-handed. The atmosphere with everyone else feels heavy, awkward. Toga's restless beside me, swinging her legs and tapping the table repeatedly. Eventually, she caves and whips her head towards me.

"Ugh, Y/N! How are you not excited!" she exclaims.

"What?" I groan, lifting my head from the counter.

With the look she gives me, I almost have to make sure there are no eyes spilling out of my mouth.

"WE'RE GETTING A NEW RECRUIT!" she yells, standing up on her stool.

Wincing at her scream, I look up at her. "Oh yeah, that. It's kinda interesting. I mean, you're acting as if we're going back to Ride Or Die."

  Dabi chuckles beside me.

  "We might as well be!" she responds. "A whole new person is joining the League! Tomura, are they a boy? Is he cute? What's his quirk? Oh! What's his blood type!?"

  Rolling my eyes, I slam my head back onto the counter, sending rounds of pain through my skull.

  "You should've just agreed with her," Chisaki says.

  "I know," I agree. "Don't remind me."

  Placing his elbows on the table and his chin in his hands, Shigaraki leans in. "Yes, Toga, he's a boy. His quirk is called Seduction. Mainly working on biological women, he can seduce people, obviously. Speaking a simple sentence will have you under his control. As for his looks and blood type, you'll find out in an hour."

  Giggling happily, Toga jumps up and twirls around, heading towards the ladder.

  "That gives me just enough time to get ready! I wonder what knife to use..." she says and begins up the ladder.

  "Get ready? What else can you do? You already have makeup on," Dabi says.

  "Yeah, but this is just everyday! I have to put in a little effort!" she smiles. I blink slowly and trade looks with Dabi.
"Ugh, nevermind," she complains and storms up the ladder.

  "Finally," Chisaki says. Heading to his room, he turns to us before locking himself away again. "Scrub the new recruit down, will you?"

  Dabi chuckles and looks down at me. A small smile plays at his lips. Immediately I look down, letting go of his hand and start circling the lip of my coffee mug with my littlest finger. He scoffs and takes a sip of his own coffee, slamming it back down on the counter.

  "Anyways, put on your best people face. Like I said, he'll be here in an hour. We want to welcome him with open arms. Let him know we're all the same."

  "Yeah, well...Y/N clearly can't do that for anyone."

  He pushes away from the counter and storms off, stomping up the ladder and slamming the attic door shut.