~•¥Chapter Nine¥•~

Y/N's POV

Over the next two days, Dabi comes in twice a day, brings me food, and talks with me. I don't learn much about him other than he's extremely introverted and apathetic, much like me. Most questions he just ignores. It's like the more I get to know him, the more reserved and edgier he seems. Now we sit in silence. I have my left earbud and he has my right. It's strange how comfortable we are without conversation. I still barely know him, but I feel like I understand him. Like there's something there, and I just don't see it. It's probably insane, feeling this connection with a villain, but what if everything he proclaims is true? What if this is the only way to return heroes to their nobility?

Y/N: "What do I need to do?"

Dabi: "For what?"

Y/N: "To get out of this room?"

Dabi: "Well...we need to know that you fully trust us, so we can fully trust you. And I'm sure they'd like to know your opinion on Stain's beliefs.

My eyes widen.

Y/N: "The League of Villains goes strictly by Stain's beliefs?"

Dabi: "My group does, the Vanguard Action Squad. I'm not sure what everyone in the League believes in."

Y/N: "Your group?"

He nods.

Dabi: "I'm the leader of the VAS. Shigaraki is the soul leader of the League of Villains. VAS is one of the few groups that make up the League. Really, VAS is the main group, that's why we all hang out here."

I nod along with him.

Y/N: "When Stain first made his appearance, I was actually really interested in what he thought. I knew it was wrong, being a hero's brother and brooding over a villain's way of living, but I just understood everything he said. It all made sense to me."

Dabi: "But that's a good thing," he says, turning his head to me.

I lean my back against his.

Y/N: "Maybe..."

  He opens up his knee-length coat and pulls out a small package. When he opens it, the delicious smell of coco fills the room. He turns to give me a chocolate-chip cookie about as large as his hand. It's still warm and the chips on the bottom slightly melt onto my hands.

Y/N: "They let you sneak this to me?" Excitement hints in my voice.

Dabi: "They didn't let me do anything. I'm their leader, remember?" he smirks. "Toga made them and, since you have a ginormous sweet tooth, she made extras for you."

  I forgot I told him I greatly prefer sweet over salty. He...remembered, surprisingly. For some reason, that makes me smile. I lean my head against his back.

Y/N: "Well, tell her I said thank you."

  We indulge ourselves in the delicacy of the rich chocolate in silence.

  This is what I wanted. Even though I'm only allowed in this room, this place feels more like home than any other. Each day it gets better. Each day I get closer to Dabi. Eventually, I'll be out of here, siding with the villains. That thought stops me for a moment. Am I really willing to work with villains to be happy? To escape?

  I turn my head slightly to see Dabi nodding along to "Psycho" by Puddle of Mudd.

Yeah...it's worth it.