19| Mel?

OMNISCIENT

Christopher had been taking care of Adrian for the past two weeks since it was his turn. Karina had been helping him the whole time and he was glad that his girlfriend and son were getting along. Now the couple were supposed to send the boy back to his mother.

They pulled up outside of Melanie's house and got out of the car, heading to the backseat to get Adrian out of his car seat.

Christopher held Adrian's hand as they walked to Melanie's doorstep, only to find the door slightly ajar. "Mel?" he called out. No response.

"What's wrong?" Karina asked, standing next to him. That was when Christopher noticed the scratch at the door, like someone had forcefully opened it. He pushed the door slightly, to find bloody shoe prints.

"Bring Adrian and wait in the car, lock the doors. If anything just leave without me," he said as he gave Adrian to a very much confused and concerned Karina. She looked towards the door and the floor before letting out a gasp. "Do you want me to call anyone?" she asked and he shook his head.

"Only if anything happens. If I'm not out in 10 minutes drive to one of the boys' place," he said to her and she nodded. "Be careful," she said before heading to the car, carrying Adrian on her hip.

Once he knew that his girlfriend and son were safe in the car, he slowly entered the house. "Mel?" he called out again, and there still wasn't any response.

He followed the trail of bloody shoe prints, leading to the kitchen. And there she was, lying on the ground in front of the kitchen counter, a bloody knife right next to her.

There was a pool of blood surrounding her, and she was still breathing. Christopher looked around him before getting on his knees next to her. "Mel? Mel, can you hear me?" he asked he held her neck, searching for a pulse. It was there, but it was weak.

She opened her mouth to say something but she didn't have much strength. Christopher pulled his phone out to call an ambulance, but it'll take time and Melanie didn't have time. He would take her into his car, but he didn't need Adrian being terrified.

He did the next thing that came to mind; he took her car keys and picked her up, taking her into her car before driving to the hospital. He'll pay for the speed tickets later.

He put his phone on hands free, although Karina probably already noticed he drove out but he needed to tell her. "Chris where the hell are you?" she questioned frantically from the other end of the line.

"I took Mel's car to take her to the hospital. Drive over, I'll see you there," he said to her. "Is it bad?" she asked. "On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd say a solid 9.5," he responded.

"Get there safely. Do I take Adrian with me or do I drop him off somewhere?" Karina asked again. "Drop him at Richard's. Aaliyah's with him, that'll keep him busy," Christopher responded as he kept speeding through the roads.

Thankfully there was no traffic or red lights. "Okay. I'll see you there," Karina said before hanging up.

~~~~

Christopher and Karina sat in the waiting room anxiously, not knowing if Melanie would make it. Christopher was praying she would. No matter what happened between them she's his son's mother, and he definitely won't be able to go through raising Adrian without her, especially because of how close the boy is with his mom.

Christopher's grip on Karina's hand tightened as every minute passed by. He was terrified, and she could tell. Not to mention he was bloody.

"Hey, it'll be okay," she said as she gave his hand a reassuring squeeze. "What if it won't be?" he asked, looking at her. She sighed. He was shaken up and she hated the sight.

"Listen, they'll find whoever did this to Melanie, okay?" she said reassuringly. Although Christopher still felt like crap, he was glad he had Karina there with him. He laid his head on her shoulder.

"Thank you for understanding," he muttered. "De nada," she responded, leaning her head on his. "What happened?" Tini asked as she frantically ran towards the couple.

"We were sending Adrian over but I found her on the kitchen floor, bleeding out," Christopher explained and Tini's jaw fell as she quickly covered her mouth with her hand.

"She was stabbed in the stomach I think, I don't know," he said again.

Tini sat down next to Karina. Having known Melanie since way back when they were in New York, even before she met Richard at that cafe. The two have been best friends for so long they were like sisters, and the thought of losing Melanie terrified her.

The three of them sat there, waiting for the doctor to come tell them if their friend was alright.

───── ❝ 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐚𝐝𝐢 ❞ ─────

i think we can call this intense idk

so if ya didn't already know, melanie is portrayed by sofia carson (gif above) and yeah idk man

aight things are heating up in here ladies and gents, are we ready for more? 😈

ps; i opened an editing acc on ig @/joelcookies go be nice and follow 🥺