10| Family

KARINA

I walked through the doors, ready to get into the family business. It was a clothing brand, and we were doing well in the industry.

I headed upstairs, instantly greeted by Guzman, my brother. "What on earth is the reason of those sunglasses in this building?" I asked as I approached him.

"They're for the hangover," he responded, taking it off with a small laugh.

I laughed and hugged him. "I missed you, hermanita," he said. "Yo también," I responded. "Okay so you're gonna be working with Sebas," he said to me and I rolled my eyes, my smile not fading along the way.

"Ah! The lady is here!" I heard the familiar annoying voice call out and I turned around. "Hola Sebas. I know you missed me," I chuckled.

He laughed and walked over to us

He laughed and walked over to us. "The company, I'm leaving it in both of your hands, okay?" Guzman said to us both and we nodded.

"You can trust us. Now go have fun, you deserve a break," I said to him and he gave me a side hug. "Let's go have lunch first, then we'll come back and I'll show you ropes, eh?" Sebastian suggested and we agreed.

We headed to the diner across the street and ate together, catching up after a long while of not spending time together. "Oh, I almost forgot!" I exclaimed.

"What?" Guzman asked. I reached inside my bag for a Polaroid camera. I held it out to show it to the both of them. "For your trip," I said and handed it to Guzman. He smiled.

"Gracias, hermanita," he thanked me. "De nada," I smiled. "Let's try this thing out," Sebastian said and reached his hand out for the camera, which Guzman gladly gave him.

"Rina, stand behind him," he said to me and I got up and hugged Guzman from behind. "Smile," I said when I looked at him, and back to the camera as Sebastian took a picture of us.

 "Smile," I said when I looked at him, and back to the camera as Sebastian took a picture of us

"Ay, qué lindo," Sebastian teased as the Polaroid print started to come out of the camera.

After we took the picture, Guzman kept the Polaroid and we continued eating. Once we were done, Sebastian showed me around the office and a lot has changed since the last time.

"This," he said as he opened a door, "is your office," he made way for me to enter. I walked inside. "Isn't this mom's?" I asked him.

He nodded. "She wanted you to have it once she was out of the office. Now that you're finally in the business, you have it," Sebastian explained and I smiled.

"If you need anything, I'm just two doors away, okay?" he said and I nodded. He left, closing the door behind him.

I put my bag on the table and stood in front of the window. I had the view of the city from here, quite calming I guess.

I sat down on my table and went through the files Guzman and Sebastian left for me. Time for work.

───── ❝ 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐚𝐝𝐢 ❞ ─────

this was short and wack

double update coz idk i'm nice

and ofc i had to go with guzman from elite bcoz, they suit well as siblings so yeah okay bye