FOUR

"So, it's the choice of different paths and which we choose, and that alone makes the difference?" 

"Yes! See? you finally got it." Sam exclaimed. It was Saturday and Krystal's first class with Sam. Since their hostels were co-ed and only the roommates were same gender people, Sam found out that Krystal's dorm was just ten doors away. 

"Oh my god, such a big fuss over two roads!" huffed Krystal, who was having difficulty with poems. 

"It's not about just two roads, it’s about two different paths and what we choose to take," said Sam, a little hotly. 

"Whoa, calm down, Mr. Poet," said Krystal, amusedly. "I was just kidding." 

"Yeah, sorry," he said. "That's my favorite poem you were trashing." 

"So, you have favorite poems too?" Krystal asked, interested. 

"Just this one," admitted Sam. 

"Well, I think it's the end of our study time," sighed Krystal. "Unless you want to continue." 

"No, please," exclaimed Sam. "It's tough enough to make you understand a line of English." 

"Hey, I'm not that bad," said Krystal, defensively. 

"Says no one ever," smirked Sam. She made a face and hit his bicep. 

As soon as her hand touched him, that area burned. Acting as though nothing happened, Sam said, "So I'll see you next Saturday." 

"Yeah, sure," smiled Krystal. "Thanks for everything." 

"Don't thank me," replied Sam. "Aren’t that what friends are for?" 

Krystal smiled with her eyes moist, "Of course, that's what friends are for."

***

"So, you had your first class with her," said Mark. 

"Yes, Mark, for the umpteenth time, yes, I had my first class with Krystal," said Sam, rolling his eyes. "And if you ask me that again, you'll wish you would never be alive." 

"Okay, okay, I was kidding," laughed Mark. "It's not your character to help girls, so yeah trying to get used to it." 

"Ha-ha, very funny," said Sam, sarcastically. 

"Ok guys I'm bored let's do something," announced Harry. 

"Hey, I have an idea," piped Mark, to which Sam groaned. "No need to make that voice buddy," said Mark annoyed. "I was just suggesting we take the girls out for lunch." 

"Hey that's a good idea," approved Harry. 

"See?" Mark pointed. 

"Yeah, so now we're going to depend on the girls to have fun?" Sam scoffed. 

"No, it’s just that they are… new and… we'd probably get to know them better," argued Mark. 

"Come on, Sam, you'll get a chance with Krystal too," said Harry. 

"Okay, okay, but where are we taking them?" he asked. 

"Not coffee. That's too boring and cliche," interjected Mark. 

"Yeah well, where should we go, then, Mr. Amazing?" Harry asked, annoyed. 

"I think that amusement park that just opened on 10th Avenue would be nice," said Sam, thoughtfully. 

"Sam, that's perfect," gushed Mark. 

"Yeah, that does sound good," agreed Harry. "Where did you get that idea?"