That's what the tattoo said and she knew that he had to learn the hard way what those words really meant.

"I couldn't miss today," she mumbled back. For a second he thought she knew but there was no way that was possible. He had threatened every witness with Omertà that day.

"Don't worry, no one told me- but when today is the anniversary that everyone started talking about Wrath, you figure out that today wasn't a good day," she mumbled. He kissed her forehead lovingly as he lifted her jaw and brought his lips to hers gently.

"I love you," he murmured as he pulled away to look into her dark eyes that comforted him every time.

She smiled slightly, showing off those adorable dimples lightly. He tucked a loose piece of her raven hair behind her ear with his large, veiny, tattooed hand.

"I love you too," she responded as she pecked his lips once more. She grabbed his hand and led him inside, away from the chilly air and in front of the lit fireplace.

He took notice of how her skin felt colder than usual he brought her into his chest and hugged her tightly with a worried expression on his face.

"You're freezing. Have you eaten-" he worried before she cut him off by cupping his face in her hands.

"You worry too much. And yes, I did eat but I should be asking you that since you look like you have been out there the whole day," she chastised. He bit his lip, insanely turned on by how hot she looked when she was mad at him.

Her black leggings that hugged her long legs and emphasized her full ass in the best way certainly didn't help his thoughts. And neither did her crop top that showed off her toned waist and perfect breasts. Jealousy clouded his thoughts at the realization that other men saw her like this.

She left no room for argument as she got up to cook him something. He didn't protest since he was craving her cooking since the last time she made something for him.

He followed her around the kitchen, hugging her from behind and resting his chin on her head whenever he could, being extra touchy and indigent for her.

It was hard for her to move around but she didn't mind. She cherished the affection and attention he gave her and it was something she would never get tired of along with the butterflies she got.

He breathed in the heavenly scent and his mouth started to water.

She set down the warm food in front of him and he pulled her onto his lap and started to eat. He practically inhaled it as she played with his hair the whole time.

"You are an angel," he cooed as he ate the last bite.

"I'm pretty sure that's exactly the opposite of what I am," she laughed. He rolled his eyes and kissed her cheek, knowing there was a reason he called her Diavola.

They made their way into his room and he laid on top of her and buried himself in between her breasts as he hugged her tightly on his bed. She massaged his scalp gently, relieving some built-up tension.

It wasn't long before he gave into the darkness, insomnia fading away like his consciousness.

"You failed. You didn't save me," the girl spoke.

"I tried, I'm sorry! Please-" he rushed out. He ran up to the girl but she backed away, making him stop in his tracks.

"It was your fault. I would still be here if you had paid more attention," she stated, her facial expression being comatose. He shook his head as his eyes stormed with a vicious hurricane.