Without waiting for a reply, she sprinted away from the Prince. She needed to find Katara, where there was a waterbender, there was bound to be water. Her feet slapped against the ground as she ran through corridor after corridor, searching for a familiar face. Rein turned to look behind her, curious if Zuko was chasing after her, which caused her to ram into something hard.

"Kireina? You're alive! You're okay!"

Rein screamed in agony as her raw skin rubbed against the body before her. "Sokka, help me, please."

The Water Tribe boy scanned Rein's body, his eyes landing on her wrists. "Who did this to you? Was it Zuko?" Sokka spit. Rage filled his senses, Sokka wanted nothing more than to beat the Prince into a pulp for injuring Kireina so badly. Rein simply nodded at his question, tears rolling down her face as the pain grew unbearable.

"I need cold water or ice, just something, Sok. I can't handle this!" Kireina sobbed, holding her shaking arms out in front of her being careful not to bump them into anything. Sokka dropped the materials he had gathered in his arms and gently lifted the hurt girl into his chest. He traveled as fast as he could, not wanting to run incase it would pain her even more.

Sokka fell to his knees once he entered the sanctuary containing Aang and Katara, "Katara, I need water now!"

Katara gasped once she recognized the girl in her brother's hold. Without a second to spare, she ran over to Rein and assessed her wounds. Aang was relieved to see his sister alive but heartbroken to see her in this state.

Aang leaned over his older sister, placing his hand delicately on her cheek. "You're gonna be okay, Rein. Katara is going to give you some ice cuffs so we can cool down the burn, sound good?"

Rein whimpered and nodded, digging her face deeper into Sokka's chest. She did her best to muffle her screams as Katara began to bend the cuffs, the ice shocking her flesh. Zuko really did a number on her this time, much worse than the first encounter. If she hadn't broken his trance sooner she more than likely would have lost her hands.

"Aang, I left the bags of lamp oil in the hallway. I need you to get them and put them in the lion heads on the door. The blast should cause the door to open right up but you need to hurry!" Sokka instructed. He turned his attention back to the beautiful girl in his embrace, her face writhed in pain as the ice began to soothe the burn. "I'm not letting you out of my sight from now on. You're traveling with us, not the Fire Nation, I can't let this happen again."

As time ticked on, Aang carried out the gangs' plan to break into the sanctuary but Plan A turned out to be useless seeing as the large metal doors stayed sealed. The friendly Fire Sage, Shyu, introduced himself to Rein and recounted the past few hours to her. Slowly but surely, Rein's strength was returning to her. The ice had numbed the burnt flesh, giving her a chance to help her brother out.

"Kireina, go sit down! You're not well enough to scheme!" Aang yelped, pointing over to a pillar he wanted her to sit on.

"I'll scheme when I wanna scheme! And that's now!" She retorted. "I feel fine, Katara's ice cuffs numbed the torment. Just let me help, Aang."

Sokka smirked from across the room, "C'mon Aang, let her help! She can easily vaporize anyone who gets in our way!"

"Alright, I have a new plan guys!" Katara cheered. "Sokka's idea made it seem like Aang got inside the sanctuary, does it not? We can fool the guards into thinking the Avatar is inside! They'll definitely open the doors to capture him and that's when Aang can charge in and speak to Roku!"