Wise Yet Dumb

"I knew I should have left when I got the chance

     "I knew I should have left when I got the chance." Kireina huffed as she trekked through the sewers of Omashu. She held her shirt up to her nose, doing anything she could to stop the putrid odor from entering her nostrils. 

     After arriving at Omashu, the group discovered that the Fire Nation had laid siege to the great city. Sokka tried his best to lead the gang elsewhere but of course Aang had other plans. Now they waded through the waste of their enemies just to find someone who may or may not be alive. 

     "Oh, I'm sorry Rein, did you just want to go knock at the front gate? We're wanted by the Fire Nation, this is the only way in without getting caught." Aang sassed his sister. 

     He turned around and began bending his way down the pipe, sending all the grime around him and leaving his garb unscathed. The same couldn't be said for Sokka, all the muck that Aang was avoiding was just being sent directly to the teen tailing him. Sokka groaned and gargled as he was pelted with raw sewage. 

     "This should be good enough." Aang whispered and shot a gust of wind at the manhole cover. He led the group up and out, each member arising untouched but Sokka emerged dripping in shit. Katara quickly bended some water to wash him and Aang followed with air to dry him off. Rein snickered off to the side when she noticed the purple pentapi attached to his cheeks. In true Sokka fashion he began screaming and pulling at the fish on his face, creating an unnecessary scene. 

     Kireina body slammed him into the shadows and placed her hands over his mouth. "I did not walk through a mile of piss and shit just to get caught now because you're scared of a squishy, purple fish. Man up and shut up." 

     Sokka rolled his eyes yet obeyed, remaining silent as Rein removed the pentapus from his cheek. He copied her actions on the other side, groaning as the animal unlatched itself from Sokka's skin. 

     "You look like you have boils all over your face." Rein giggled, running her finger over the dots littering his cheek. Behind the red dots, Sokka's skin tinged pink as the girl traced her fingers along his face. He reached up and grabbed her hand in his, pressing it fully against his cheek. 

     "Hey!" A deep male voice called from down the alley. Kireina quickly snatched her hand from Sokka's and stood up. As the man neared, Rein was able to make out that it was a few soldiers. Aang speedily hid his arrow behind an ill made hat and Rein took a step in front of her friends, ready to fight at a moments notice. "What are you kids doing out past curfew?"

     "We were hoping to get some medicine for my friend, you see, he was diagnosed with pentapox and doesn't have much time left here with us. The medicine makes the pain go away so it's a more peaceful death." Rein lied to the Fire Navy soldier. Sokka began moaning, adding to their façade. "It's super contagious so don't go near him unless you want to die as well. We'll probably all get the pox soon and pass on, sad really."