The Love Tunnel

Two days had passed since Kireina parted ways with Zuko and Iroh

Two days had passed since Kireina parted ways with Zuko and Iroh. She was thankful she asked Aang where she could find him if things went south with Zuko. Her brother informed her of his plan to find an earthbending master so she made her way down to the great city of Omashu. It wasn't too far from where she made camp prior but it would still take about three days to reach on foot. Rein was extremely famished, only snacking on roots and berries to retain as much energy as possible. She was slowing down and she could feel it.

Rein began tripping over her own feet, her knees also buckling under her weight. She was so out of it, it was as if she could hear music coming from beyond the trees surrounding her. She even starting smelling something extremely skunky as she grew closer to the tunes.

"Whoa, a zombie!"

Kireina paused as a group of Hippies approached her. "I'm not a zombie you baboon."

"Dude, I didn't know zombies could talk! I thought they just moaned and ate human flesh." Another one chirped as he picked up a stick and began prodding her from a far. Rein airbended the stick from his hand, sending it flying deep into the woods.

"Ow! Who threw that stick at me?!" A shrill male voice hollered from a few feet away.

"The trees are talking! Guys, shh, shh, let's listen to what they have to say." The Hippie with the lute whispered.

"Katara why are you throwing stuff at me? I'm trying to sunbathe!"

"Is your name Katara? How do the trees know such thing?" The man asked Rein, completely baffled by the speaking trees.

Kireina rolled her eyes, "Trees don't talk! What's your IQ, five? Or is that a gracious compliment?"

"Five is my favorite number!" The girl traveling with them cheered excitedly.

"I-I can't do this right now." Rein muttered, palming her hand against her face. She turned away from the group of Nomads and pushed through the brush towards the voice she identified as Sokka's. "I thought I heard Sokka's prepubescent screams."

Aang whipped around to face his sister, a smile growing on his face causing his cheeks to turn a rosy pink. He splashed through the water and tackled his sister in a loving hug. "Kireina! How did you find us? Where's Zuko?"

Rein simply shook her head in response to his question, choosing not to speak about the Fire Prince. Her eyes moved from her brother to Sokka who was clad in just his underwear, frozen in his spot as he stared Kireina down. Katara jumped into the hug, catching Rein off guard but she didn't mind. She playfully shoved Aang away, who tripped and fell back into the lake and wrapped her arms around her friend.

"Hey, hey! River people!"

"Here we go again. Just ignore these guys, I think they're a little slow." Rein mumbled into Katara's ear.