Chapter 13

"I really hope I don't look as nervous as I am," Taemin mumbles to himself as he gets ready for his get to know you date with Y/N.

"You don't," Baekhyun utters loudly from behind him. "And there's no need to freak out. It was just a chill date."

"Thanks Baekhyunnie," Taemin mumbles, placing a quick peck on his cheek. "And I have to go now to pick Y/N up."

"Have fun!" Baekhyun calls out cheekily, smiling widely.

~ With Y/N ~

"Going out again?" Jinyoung asks mockingly, watching as Y/N moves around the kitchen, making food.

Y/N nods, taking a bite into his/her/their sandwich. "Yep. So what?"

"Nothing," Jinyoung mutters ominously. "But I mean, if you told Yeji and I where you were going, we could help you get ready on time and looking stunning."

"Yeah I'm good," Y/N chuckles. "But thanks for the offer."

"Oh come on! Just tell us," Yeji whines, pouting.

"Kim Yeji, stop pouting right now," Y/N scolds with a fake glare. "Lee Jinyoung don't even dare start pouting!"

"You're no fun," Jinyoung mutters, crossing his arms.

Y/N shrugs, rolling his/her/their eyes playfully. "And yet, I don't seem to care."

Y/N quickly finishes his/her/their sandwich and then heads to his/her/their room to brush teeth. When Y/N is done, he/she/they rush back downstairs and grab Y/N's phone and keys.

"Are you leaving now?" Yeji calsl from the kitchen.

"Yeah!" Y/N responds. "My ride should be here soon, so I've got to go."

With that, Y/N rushes out the door and heads for the stairs that lead down to the front of the building. Y/N speed walks down them and exits the stairwell, going to sit on a brick wall in front of his/her/their apartment building. Not even two minutes later, a sleek black car pulls up and Taemin hops out.

"Hi hi!" Taemin greats softly and cheerfully. "Are you ready for our get to know you date?"

Y/N nods, getting up and heading over to Taemin and the car. "I'm definitely ready!"

"Then let's get a move on," Taemin exclaims, opening the door for Y/N.

Y/N slides into the car, thanking Taemin before he rushes over to his side of the car. Taemin gets in and buckles up, starting the car and heading down the road. In about ten minutes, he stops in front of a mall.

"Shopping?" Y/N asks, cocking his/her/their head to the side in confusion.

"No," Taemin begins, then pauses. "Well not technically. We are gonna get one thing and then leave for the actual date destination."

Y/N nods in understanding, following Taemin into the mall. The two wander around until Taemin stops in front of a specific store.

"Build a bear?!" Y/N cheers, bouncing on the balls of his/her/their feet.

"Yep," Taemin agrees, chuckling. "Ready to go make a bear?"

Y/N nods excitedly, rushing into the stuffed animal store with Taemin following close behind, an adoring smile gracing his features.

"Which one are you going to get?" Taemin asks as the two browse the bears.

Y/N points to a sprinkly looking bear. "That one! It's supposed to smell like a blizzard!"